Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right here we go and lets hope this thread dont go off at a tangent!

what are the differences betwee the IX FQ300,320 and 340?

i know what the differences were on the Viii but as an example i believe all of the ix´s have got the ecutek ecu where as the viii 300 did not!

basically been offered a ix FQ340 for 3k plus my car (year old mr340) or a ix FQ320 plus 1K

at the moment would go for the fq320 as 2k for 20 hp is not worth it (other ecu options cheaper!!)

but if the ix fq300 comes with ecutek it may be worth getting the 300 and saving some further cash.

please no replys about non ccc cars as i already know the options and am looking into that them as well. this is a ccc question regarding the differences between the ix 300,320 and 340

an informed full list of the differences would allow me to make my own judgment on which car i order within the next day or two.

by the way ccc have offered me 23k as part ex on my year old mr340 with 12k on the clock, red with tommi mak stripes. if anyone wants to better the offer pm me

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi,

Where did you get this information from ? I was not aware of any info being publicly available in regards to FQ models in the IX. As for the EcuTek then that has got to be incorrect! No VIII has ever had EcuTek , let alone the 300 and I don't believe that, should they decide to use EcuTek, that there would be a 300,320 and 340 model as the output with EcuTek would probably be more than that. My 320 has EcuTek and is pushing out close to 370bhp.

James.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the viii 320 and 340 has ecutek the viii 300 has not. i believe all the ix's will have due to the mivec engine!

official launch ccc ix as of 1st june, my dealer will take an order now! fq300, 320 and 340 with pricing the same as the MR's were.

dont wish to sound rude but i really only need answers relating to the differnces of the 300,320 and 340 ix as i am trying to make my mind up which one, IF i buy from ccc, to order.

there are allready a few ix's in the UK and lots of tuners know of them, ccc have now made a formal accouncment regarding the fq ix's so someone must have an idea on the differneces

cheers

·
Registered
878 Posts
just got a viii said:
the viii 320 and 340 has ecutek the viii 300 has not. i believe all the ix's will have due to the mivec engine!
cheers
Erm... no - that is wrong. NO VIII has EcuTek ! Do you know what EcuTek actually is, btw ?

And - as I said before, there is no information in regards to the FQ range as far as I know. If there is, then perhaps you could point me to it as I would be very interested myself.

James.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I reckon the FQ300 will just be the standard imported IX (as they rolling road at around 300bhp according to some), the FQ320 will have some sort of hard piping kit and a maybe a better exhaust (another HKS one perhaps) and the FQ340 will have all above plus some sort of piggy back chip or updated ralliart chip.

I can't see it having an EcuTek as I don't think that would be cost effective for CCC but you never know.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats about as per the Viii MR but my understanding was the 320 had a different ecu to the 300 which allowed the chip module to me used. and a gathered from the other recent posts on here that the 320 had the ecutek.

extreme told me las´t week on the phone the ix had the ecutek ecu as standard, soooooo?

as i said at the beginning of this thread, i am interested in informed ix info only as i need to sign up to a deal with ccc soon as my MR needs to go at exactly 1 year old (may 19th) to get the deal i have been offered as above. and yes i know i will have to wait a bit after i let mine go to collect the new one.

i just need to make a decision which to order, 300,320 or 340.

in the past the advice for the viii mr was to get the 320 as the 2k extra price tag for the 340 could be spent better else where for more performance.

i need to know if thjis is the same for the ix, therefore i need to know the differences specific to the ix

cheers

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Nah the thing is with the Unichip (read FQ340 piggy back chip) is that it works based on stock mapped principles (though it does have some tolerance for slight mods), the oem datek unichip for the fq340 probably was only designed to work properly with the changes that were added to the MR320 (hard piping kit, hks drager exhaust etc) so if you fitted the unichip to an FQ300 that didnt have these mods you would then be running outside the unichip's 'mapped' tolerances (ie what its expecting to be working with) and therefore end up with impaired performance/risk of detonation/whatever.

As you say, I couldnt possibly comment on the IX so maybe you are right it will be an EcuTek.. :)

oh forgot to add, when a took the car apart (fq340) looking to unsplice the unichip (before realising it was just behind the bloody glove box) it deffo wasnt an ecutek just the std mitsubishi ecu.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm getting confusing. ok lets look at the viii mr again.

mr fq300 standard evo gsr!

mr fq320, hard pipe kit, hks filter, super dragger different ecu to allow super chip.

mr 340 as 320 plus leather, sat nav and chip.

so assuming the ix's are the same i allready got a nur spec to use when i get the new car as old one will get super dragger put back on. hks filter dont cost much, not bothered bout sat nav could use a samco hose set instead of a hard pipe kit

therefore may as well get a 300, add my nur spec plus decat, fit a hks filter and samco set and save some cash to get an ecutek or other ecu upgrade in the future??????

does that make sence????

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Makes a lot of sense and thats pretty much what I will be doing + a few more mods. :)

Can someone else confirm that the MR FQ320 had a difference ECU than the MR FQ300? Never heard of that one myself. :confused:

just got a viii said:
hmm getting confusing. ok lets look at the viii mr again.

mr fq300 standard evo gsr!

mr fq320, hard pipe kit, hks filter, super dragger different ecu to allow super chip.

mr 340 as 320 plus leather, sat nav and chip.

so assuming the ix's are the same i allready got a nur spec to use when i get the new car as old one will get super dragger put back on. hks filter dont cost much, not bothered bout sat nav could use a samco hose set instead of a hard pipe kit

therefore may as well get a 300, add my nur spec plus decat, fit a hks filter and samco set and save some cash to get an ecutek or other ecu upgrade in the future??????

does that make sence????

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What you seem not to understand here is that Ecutek is reflashing software for the standard ECU. It exists for the VIII/MR but CCC have never used it. I would hazard a guess that the IX ECU will be different to the VIII and therefore the current Ecutek gear may need an update before it is available for IX's.

MR300 and 320 and 340 all have the same standard ECU. The 340 just has the unichip piggy back.

(BTW - Global - told you so mate ;) )

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also read a load of arguments which debate that a samco kit is better than the hard pipe kit as it conducts less heat, think i read that on sams (dentist) web site.

as before deal i been offered:

my car + 3k for evo ix 340
my car + 1k for evo ix 320

have not asked but would assume my car for evo ix 300 +1k

got a nur spec and decat spare, could use the cash to get a samco kit plus filter and have some change. end result performance around 330 ish and some spare cash towards a motec or ecutek in the future

can anybody tell me if my plan is bad in anyway???

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
just got a viii said:
also read a load of arguments which debate that a samco kit is better than the hard pipe kit as it conducts less heat, think i read that on sams (dentist) web site.

as before deal i been offered:

my car + 3k for evo ix 340
my car + 1k for evo ix 320

have not asked but would assume my car for evo ix 300 +1k

got a nur spec and decat spare, could use the cash to get a samco kit plus filter and have some change. end result performance around 330 ish and some spare cash towards a motec or ecutek in the future

can anybody tell me if my plan is bad in anyway???
Get the 300, put your exhaust on. Get an Ecutek remap as soon as it's availble, should see 340 (at a guess) with better low down than your MR + a much better map if Sam does it. Mitsi garage cannot tell you have had ecutek so it looks as if you only put the exhaust on which surely would be OK warranty wise :)

Downpipes all the same on previous FQs

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers,
agree with the idea of a samco pipe kit? (full) as i dont beleive the 300 would come with a hard pipe kit or am i wrong there??????

sams web site suggested the samco kit would give better performance than the hard pipe kit due to not conducting so much heat

·
Registered
946 Posts
I thought given the higher stock power of the IX, the FQ models would be FQ340 and FQ360 :confused:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
alex_123_fra said:
I thought given the higher stock power of the IX, the FQ models would be FQ340 and FQ360 :confused:
Not according to my local Mitsi dealer while i was in there paying £6 for a fuse!

I asked about the 9's and mentioned i might be interested in a 9RS, he launched into a speil about how the FQ price structure should be staying the same for the 320 and 340's then wandered off to look at his reflection in a colts wing mirror.

Who says Mitsi's salesmen are crap?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
just got a viii said:
cheers,
agree with the idea of a samco pipe kit? (full) as i dont beleive the 300 would come with a hard pipe kit or am i wrong there??????

sams web site suggested the samco kit would give better performance than the hard pipe kit due to not conducting so much heat
MR 300 didn't have the hard pipe so yeah, add the Samco kit to what we've already said :)

Alex_123 - They wouldn't want to have a 360 at £33k - bit too close the the 400 me thinks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.