Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks
thinking of moving on from my r33 this year. i need something a bit more driveable on a daily basis, and plan on getting an evo 4 or 5. there seems to be a bit of a price difference between the models. as i understand it, they both have ayc etc. is the 5 worth the extra? ( not trying to start any battles ok?)
it will only be used a few days a week, and be pampered.
anyone here thinking of going over to skylines? my girlfriend had a evo6 for a while, so i know theyre great handling cars.
the r33 is going to the dyno day at TJ in aldershot on the 26th of jan, so if yer interested, go take a look and see what yer think.
i have some pics of her too, along with a recent dyno result. heres the link..

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected|EQU|13743

by the way, the dyno results were 551 bhp at the flywheel, 431lbs/ft of torque, PAW 405bhp

will be great to hear the views from any 4 or 5 owners:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi there,

we had an r33 until this time last year when some t**t rammed into us on the M4 and wrote it off, and almost us, have always had a yearning to get another, i have a new evo 4 and still have my other evo 4 here aswell, would you be interested in discussing some form of exchange???? Mail me if you want to chat,
[email protected]

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi marco
an r33 is a good car. but i only live 5 mins from work now, and i use my little ibiza for commuting.
its a non vspec. which means you can drive it on british roads without losing your fillings ha ha!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good car the Skyline, I do think it's a little bit on the heavy side but a great car to drive, a friend of mine called Martin had R33 V-Spec,with 500|PLS|bhp maroon/red,He got all the bits from Andy Middlehusrt HKS,
he did let me drive it it was fun to drive the car acts a bit like a rwd then the front wheels come into play when on opposite lock good idea i think!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spudgun,

Bringing it down to basics, there isn't much difference between a E4 and amp; an E5. The E5 is probably the most aggresive looking EVO, and has a larger ECU which gives a higher torque figure. Other than that, there basically the same model. I'm sure HH6 will let you know the EXACT differences! If you keep your eyes out, you can get E5's for as little as £14k (yellow one in Top Marques with 12k for £14.5k). Most however, are around the 18k mark. Is the difference in price worth it? Performance and amp; handling wise, probably not. Really, it depends on whether you want a newer car or not!

In case you hadn't guessed, I've got an E4!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers grog:)

another question, do they come with aircon? silly i know, but just wondered.
many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts