Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have just read an article that states that the performance figures for an Evo IV is 250bhp and 0-60 in 6.2 with the Evo V being 276bhp and 0-60 in 4.8.

I was under the assumption that the performance was very much the same for the 2 cars and as such bought a IV which i pick up this weekend.

Am i wrong and the V is much quicker than the IV ?

Thanks

Carl

·
Registered
329 Posts
a iv is 276 bhp aswell . 0-60 should be sub 5 secs only differeces are suspension and aerodynamics and styling of course. power is the same so you asumed correct.congrats on the new purchase and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
You will find that a stock IV is slightly slower than a V (the V has a little more torque) due to the revised cams and turbo but it would be negligible.

·
Registered
329 Posts
enjoy the evo experience no turning back now. think an evo 1 has 250 brake as standard. go to rc developments get there exhaust, filter , ecu re-map and fuel pump for 1k and you will see 360 brake.

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
nianlala said:
You will find that a stock IV is slightly slower than a V (the V has a little more torque) due to the revised cams and turbo but it would be negligible.
Yes but e4 is a little lighter, and 0.60 time is given as 4.7 as opposed to the 5s 4.8. But thats just splitting hairs. Whichever Evo you get you will love it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
my evo 4 is totaly standard and its producing 279 so i would say theres not much between them

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
dave79 said:
go to rc developments get there exhaust, filter , ecu re-map and fuel pump for 1k and you will see 360 brake.
not on a IV he won't !

I believe you have to change the ecu - even then 360 is a tad optomistic.

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
Yes you would have to change the ecu, and get it mapped. But you will still not see 360. also I would not run an e4 on standard internals at more than around 320.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts