Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I have a weird one. If I fill my car I can only drive 110km before it starts to stutter etc… basically as the main pump side fuel level is almost empty. The other side is not sending the fuel back to the pump side for some reason. I know it uses Venturi effect to do so. Check the rubber seals and replaced any rubber hoses etc… still does it. Anyone experienced this? Or heard of this issue?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Hello!

I will not be a good help with this one, because I have the same problem, and need to repair that since I have the car (have bought it in Japan and when it came in France, the problem was already here)

If I drive normally (for example on highway), i can drive 160kms max and I put 29L of petrol

If I drive with hard cornering (on track) , I can put 39L !

someone already said to me "it's the ventury thing" too but i need to dismount the fuel tank and it's not done since 3 years!

if you have some pictures or tip to repair that, i'll be interested!

(it's on a TME)

best regards
Bastien

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello!

I will not be a good help with this one, because I have the same problem, and need to repair that since I have the car (have bought it in Japan and when it came in France, the problem was already here)

If I drive normally (for example on highway), i can drive 160kms max and I put 29L of petrol

If I drive with hard cornering (on track) , I can put 39L !

someone already said to me "it's the ventury thing" too but i need to dismount the fuel tank and it's not done since 3 years!

if you have some pictures or tip to repair that, i'll be interested!

(it's on a TME)

best regards
Bastien
If I get it right I will definitely let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
If the car is (or was) running a high flow pump, the venturi will retirict the return flow so needs to be enlarged, this will reduce the cross tank transfer. If a lower flow pump is fitted, the suction generated by the venturi will be less and you won't get enough transfer across the tank.

Could also be a blocked pipe or leak in the cross tank pipe.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the car is (or was) running a high flow pump, the venturi will retirict the return flow so needs to be enlarged, this will reduce the cross tank transfer. If a lower flow pump is fitted, the suction generated by the venturi will be less and you won't get enough transfer across the tank.

Could also be a blocked pipe or leak in the cross tank pipe.

Cheers,

Simon
As far as I am aware it has a stock fuel pump still. I have read about upgraded fuel pumps and that you need to make the venturi hole bigger. When I inspected it the hole was still small. I have checked the cross pipe and no leaks or blockages. Even tried to run a fuel line from one side to the other to see if that helped but nothing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys

So I have been looking at every avenue about this issue. Pump looks like it was changed prior but not to an upgraded one. It’s smaller then a stock one I think as it doesn’t fit into the holding bracket without bending the ends up to hold it.

In the picture the red is the injector fuel return line. The blue a return line that was blanked off. Charcoal canister was removed so I guess is it that? I am thinking with it being blocked off pressure isn’t enough to create the Venturi effect to pull the fuel over? Fuel pump is flowing at 4bar pressure so that is fine. Any advice would be appreciated so that I can enjoy this car without stopping to fill up all the time:LOL:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts