Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car on the rollers last weekend, They couldnt run it coz of it running lean. Any suggestions to why this is. Car is standerd enough. It has HKS induction hard pipe kit, De-cat and back box. Wallbro fuel pump 252, not to long fitted. I changed the fuel regulater yesterday and the fuel fillter is getten changed today. I might put bk on the old air intake box aswell. Should this all sort my problem out or is there anything that any1 has come acrossed different that caused this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya they did, they said it cud be the fuel filter or the regulater or even a dodge fuel pump. Iam changen all of these. I just wanted to know did any1 ever encounter another problem that lead to there car running lean. I want to have it perfect be4 it goes bk on the rollers ya know.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Sounds like you've covered most bases - also double check the boost feed hose that goes to your FPR hasn't fallen off / blocked or that there are any kinks in your fuel pipes coming from the pump...

Good luck getting it sorted ;)

Rog

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never got any lower than 13.9 afr iirc,the lads wouldnt run it .
Thanks todd, i couldnt find the sheet with the graph on it to post up the results. I got the regulater on that you gave me, And the filter will be changed now tuesday evening. The lad that does my work works out of his fathers shed in the evenings and weekends and he forgot the filtter. Left it in Navan. He got cought up changen the AYC dif on a VI today. the diff that the lad got him to put into the VI was ****ed aswell. He got it for €500 so what did he expect. So he will be at that again tommorow. Then mine tuesday. Going to put the old Airbox back onto it with a competition filter in it.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Surely the run should have been aborted long before it went that lean ??

Or did you mean it never got any richer than 13.9afr as it came off cruise and onto boost todd ??

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
Surely the run should have been aborted long before it went that lean ??

Or did you mean it never got any richer than 13.9afr as it came off cruise and onto boost todd ??
it was aborted and damn quick too.that was at the the "teach me @ 3000revs" stage

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Seems a bit weird - most fueling issues would only show up at higher rpm/boost when you'd see the AFRs leaning out - surprised that it would be running lean at lower rpm/boost? :confused:

Hope you get it sorted OK m8 :smthumbup

Rog :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didnt realise it was so bad judgen by your reactions. It must be the fuel pump so. Coz its only a new uprated wallbro gone in and the car was grand before hand. It must not be pumpen fuel atal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts