Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well having a little bit of bad look at the moment.

First with a delay around 3500rpm - 4000rpm with what i thought was an air leak kind of sound but coming from the engine.

And Now

I have a grinding noise at 3000rpm, a friend said its sounds like either the crank or con rod bearings have gone, however when it first started it was pretty loud then died down but more frequently.

Anyone else had this problem ?

Anybody have an idea ?

:(

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Grinding noises are more likely to be transmission related, bigends then to. Drop the transfer box, gearbox and diff oils and see if anything obvious shows up. Also remove the intake to the turbo and check that also.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Is that at idle or when driving mate ?

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All & Steve,

To start with it happened in 2nd so let off the throttle asap and pulled over, had a quick browse under hood if anything had come off and hitting against something as was a LOUD grinding noise.

Carried on and were ok, put the AVC-R to off ( 0.7 bar ) to see if it was when i was boosted a heavy load and happened around 4k rpm so eased off again.

Sent my mate out in it to see if he could tell what it was and he come back saying bearings. Tbh i have a funny feeling it might be a few things as been running anti lag through it for few weeks and its a pretty old turbo so will not be suprised if its turbo related also as gray has said.

I have in my mind clutch , bearings , turbo so a big bill for me, maybe its time to let go of the car now as costing me a little too much as finance is a killer every month now this :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts