Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to re-new my insurance on my new 7 which was transferred from my old P1, a mate also picks up his 4 on monday, so people who is the best (((cheapest)))?????
Regards
J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hunter

If you look back through the general discussion, ther was a long thread on this about a month ago. Hope you can still find it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Leelegend started it.... the thread went on to list a few companies and their phone numbers. Was a good list too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just renewed my insurance , so did the rounds (2 days of calls !)

The best overall policy and third lowest price was Admiral , so I went 4 this.

Next best was Hyperformance.

Cheapest , but highest excess and poorest ancillary cover was A-Plan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evoboy

Do you have any mods? Admiral cancelled my insurance a year ago for having an aftermarket air filter fitted even though they told me they allow mods when I took the policy out... b******s They were too stupid to understand what this mod was, but refunded my premium in the end (twice :) ).

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
daveG,

Yes I declared mods , they have confirmed these in the policy schedule,
hope they don't back out.

BTW , 4 people with tracker devices already fitted , Direct Line r pretty good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fastchick,

I owned up of course :)

Evoboy,

Should be alright as they are on your policy to start with. Mine was originally a standard car then modded. They sound like they have had a change of policy, not surprising really, does anyone own a standard car anymore :)

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bell Direct also dish out good policies, they are not the cheapest but have a low excess which is more important to me. They are also mod friendly (for a price e.g. induction |PLS| exhaust £80).
I was looking at the forms the other day trying to find their number for getting some more quotes and I noticed that they are a part of Admiral Insurance. Well you live and learn ;)
I also couldn't believe I could insure both a group 14 car (£1500 value, TPF and amp;T) along with a group 18 car (LHD import, £14000 value, Full Comp) for £200 less than my Evo, makes you wonder!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd usually recommend Direct Line on price alone but since this weekend I'll recommend them even more strongly.

Yes, they were the cheapest by a long shot but they also implicitly cover trackdays. I called them on Friday night (the day before going to Bruntingthorpe) to discuss the wording on my policy and they reluctantly had to confirm that I was covered. She explained that, once someone enquires as to the true meaning of the small print, they are obliged to tell them they are covered.

And this was all followed by a letter dropping through the door this morning with words similar to this is to confirm that, under policy no. XXX, you are covered for trackdays . I hadn't asked for the letter and had to re-read it to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The girl on the other end of the phone was also a car nut and we chatted for while about that ... maybe that's why (?)

Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts