Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

I am desperate to buy e5 or 6. My insurance is quoting over 1k for me and the misses (got to show her what driving is all about). We are 33 and 26 respectively, 5 years ncb, low miles per year. Anyone got any ideas as to who to get a quote from? Telephone bill costing me a fortune to get £3k quotes from other companies! Also, do you people declare hks induction kits and exhausts etc., as modifications ?

Any help would be gratefully received. ( I will join LR as soon as I can find a decent steed without having to re-mortgage to insure the bluddy thing!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try Tesco's...yes thats right Tesco's. People on here have found them to be the one of the cheapest but make sure that it is a good deal with the excess as some cheaper quotes have excesses of over £700! Try searching for 'Tesco' on this forum for contact details. I am with Bell Direct which was quite a good deal (£350 excess) at £1200 for an E6, I was 28 when insured.
You will also have to state whether its a grey import or a UK car.
Yes you will have to state if you have any non standard parts or modifications such as HKS exhausts or induction kits etc. Bell Direct want an extra £80 if I fit an induction kit and exhaust to my E6. If you have a smash and they inspect your car to find it modified don't expect to get paid out!
If you do low miles make sure you state that you want a limited mileage policy, this can save you a bit more.
Chunky has a list of Evo friendly insurers on his site but it seems to be down at the moment http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Bear in mind that insurers do not like to pay out if they can get out of it in any little way possible, always be up front with insurers otherwise you may end up out of pocket in a big way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the advice Heave Ho! I'll go to Tesco tomorrow, I think insurance is next to the bakery! Or is it by the fruit and veg?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heave Ho 6 is hh6 read in the technical (pop goes the evo) It's the massive post thats on it because every body likes him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read about Heave's EVO! Worra bummer!

I've heard a scooby STI engine will fit and you can pick 'em up for about £7.50!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A scooby engine block would melt under the pressure of seeing the evo 6.
Don't know some volvo's aren't bad S60 not bad for a normal runabout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
never mind you always have to have a work horse car and a fun car an evo for example. Don't wnating to be using the evo on motorways everyday or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could also try direct line and Tett Hamilton for insurance. DL came up cheapest for me. I doubt you'll find anything under a grand though.
Also, double check whether the company insists you have a tracker etc as they sometimes 'forget' to mention this until you see the schedule!

Like the man said, you've gotta declare your mods really (induction , exhaust etc.) or your insurance co will just say 'get outta here' if you try to claim one day

cheers
Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andy,

don't know if you're intersted, but I 'm considering selling my VI GSR if I can get a reasonable sum for it, due to financial constraints (new house). It is a V reg Grey import in Silver. Totally immaculate with 8k miles. It has been meticulously dealer serviced every 2500 miles and has a Blitz full exhaust and de-cat pipe and induction kit. It also has Ralliart strut brace, Blue mud flaps, interior guages and front fogs. Not a mark on it mate. No abuse or track days either.

MS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car will be a good runner when I get the new RS engine installed!
btw I wasn't kidding about Tesco's unless everyone else who posted their Tesco's insurance details on here were!
Bell Direct do not require a tracker only an immobiliser/alarm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanx for all the advice. I've got sorted with Tesco insurance, they did not suck through their teeth when I said it would be a grey , they do not require Tracker but will give an extra 10% discount if fitted, they have quoted £900ish and the policy holder is 26!

Go Tesco!!

BTW Bell Direct didn't want to know, nor did Tett

Here we go for an Evo!!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pond

I know you said you were sorted, but I guess you haven't actually signed on the dotted line yet (and no, I'm not going to suggest Tempo), so why not try A-Plan (0845 071 1234). They specialize in Greys - got my 6 covered for £985 including wifey. I've got 3 points (I'm 33) wifey (29) only has 3 years ncb.

Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Al,

Thanx, I will give A-plan a call. I've heard Newbury branch is good for imports/ high performance.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pond, A-Plan are good, BUT, if you wish to upgrade your car, exhaust, filter...blah...blah..blah... ensure the company they are setting you up with, will take on the extra 'risk' I am with AXA via A-Plan who hate mods and refused me cover if I fitted my replacement VTA dump valve. If I'd asked this question at the start I would have went elsewhere.

...John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts