Ok can anyone complete the below please ? :D

Injectors sizes

Evo1-3 = 510
Evo 4 = ?
Evo 5 = 550 ?
Evo 6 = 550
Evo 7 = ?
Evo 8 = ?

I need some bigger injectors to give more fuel to suit new 20g turbo, was going with 550's, but think im gona need 600/660 to get good boost.fuel etc, ive heard evo8 has 600's can anyone confirm ?

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys so it looks like the E8 ones wont be a cheap option then :( , will have a look for some 660/700's see whats about. Dont want to go bigger than i need as i believe it can cause delay problems if they are 2 big ?

Ive been tuning with the stock 510's and to get knock down i have had tweak the safc up quite a bit, now injectors are upto 90% duty at stock boost (0.7-0.8bar) with the 20g on...certainly flowing some air! :D....will tweak fuel pressure up a little to give me a little more saftey margin, and see if we can get a little more boost out of stock injectors :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chris, unfortunatley they have a fairly bad rep in the US for bad dead time unless running high fuel pressure! :( ...shame as they are a good price, but as ever i suppose you get what you pay for ... think Sard or Denso are the way to go :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
evo 4 = 510cc
evo 5- = 560cc

early evo models were less than 510cc

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
From what I remember mate you run the risk of losing fuel pressure if the injectors are too big? You just need big enough injectors to keep the duty cycle between 60-80% I would have thought.

thetyrant said:
Ok thanks guys so it looks like the E8 ones wont be a cheap option then :( , will have a look for some 660/700's see whats about. Dont want to go bigger than i need as i believe it can cause delay problems if they are 2 big ?

Ive been tuning with the stock 510's and to get knock down i have had tweak the safc up quite a bit, now injectors are upto 90% duty at stock boost (0.7-0.8bar) with the 20g on...certainly flowing some air! :D....will tweak fuel pressure up a little to give me a little more saftey margin, and see if we can get a little more boost out of stock injectors :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yer ive looked at the slowboy ones Carl as ive dealt with them a lot, the PTE ones have a bad rep in the US DSM community for low flow rates and quality :( , the Densos are well recommended though, but i think ive got some pretty cheap 2nd hand ( 500 mile ) Sard 700's coming soon :)

Yer ive read that as well GlobalGB, and from what ive worked out 700's are the max i should go for, with maybe 660's being best to tune....will try the 700's and see how we go.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
GlobalGB said:
From what I remember mate you run the risk of losing fuel pressure if the injectors are too big? You just need big enough injectors to keep the duty cycle between 60-80% I would have thought.
that's why I suggested the sard 700's

·
Registered
299 Posts
GlobalGB said:
i thourght the same when i went for the sard 700cc
thats why i had to fit an uprated fule pressure regulator
car hasn't been on road long enough since fitting them to tell you results :(

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
marktheman said:
i thourght the same when i went for the sard 700cc
thats why i had to fit an uprated fule pressure regulator
car hasn't been on road long enough since fitting them to tell you results :(
Sorry for the slight thread hijack tyrant, but Mark - whats the latest with your car. All sorted now?

·
Registered
299 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Sorry for the slight thread hijack tyrant, but Mark - whats the latest with your car. All sorted now?
i wish
no furrther foward
:(
alyn still waiting for bits
early next week i hope
offer still stands tho as soon as car back on road your welcome to that drive

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
marktheman said:
i wish
no furrther foward