Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I know this question has been done to death but i cant find anything on the search so sorry but here goes :D

I have a evo on the way over from japan Have i planned for everything or am i missing something.

Pay import duty(10%) & VAT(17.5%) Trailer/Drive from port :confused: Can I drive it?
Its over 10 years old so no SVA,
Insure it on the chassis number,
Get an MOT , Fog light, Speedo, Fuel neck restrictor. :confused: is this all thats needed??
Get it registered at DVLA,
Get plates made up,
Get car tax,
Drive off into the sunset :D

Have i missed anything out that i need to get saving for??

Thanks for any help
Steve :)

· Registered
1,926 Posts
I didnt know that if it was over 10 years old it didnt need an SVA but...

If you get an SVA on it that will sort out all the things such as fog light etc and anything else you need.

As for speedo stuff my GSR has been here for 2 years now and I'm still running with Kph hehe.

hope that might help you

· Registered
6,765 Posts
.....just make sure of the exact date/month of manufacture
if it's over 10yrs...technically you won't have to do anything to be ESVA compliant, as you're not doing the test
....only legality is for the MOT
e.g. rear fog light etc

if you're going to drive it...will have to be on trade plates & book an MOT appointment
if you do get stopped....say that you're on the way to get it done
- although IMHO would be best to trailer it and check it over thoroughly first...get belts, service done, change fluids etc etc

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help fellas,

xlr8 Thats a good point about getting it checked out before driving it service, belts etc etc.... I hadnt thought of that.

Can someone recommend a good garage in the northwest preferably in or around mancheser?

Looks like i have it all covered then, Just need the boat to get a move on now :D

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.