Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Evo II rs has 17 alloys when fully loaded up the run on arch's.
Has any body else had same problem and would uprated springs sort it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What size of tyres do you have? (diameter and profile)

For 17s on a CC Lancer I think you're looking at:

205/40 (rare and expensive, but a good fit as long as your wheel isn't too wide)
or
215/40 (easier to find but a bit large)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the rolling radius is a bit larger than the standard 205/50R15s, 215/40s might be a better bet.

Did you get the offset checked on your new wheels? AFAIK it should be 42-45mm. A skim might sort you out (providing it's within spec for the wheel).

Failing that you're looking at lipping the arches
mucho expensive my friend.

I had a similar problem with 205/50R16 on my car and they are smaller in radius than 215/450R17, I got 205/45s and all the rubbing disappeared.

Fitting stiffer springs might stop it happening as often, but the problem will not go away. In any case you don't want to shake all your teeth out, now do you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock wheel size on the Evo II is actually 205/60/15, so 215,45, 17 is okay. You probably have the wrong offset.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry! I'd seen the Evo2 tyre quoted at 205/60 but thought it was a typo as a 50-profile more closely matches the rr of the GSR.

As Wreckleford says, 215/45R17s are actually slightly smaller than your standard wheel/tyre so the offset must be wrong. See if you can get some material skimmed off the inside face of the wheel to bring them in a bit. A good wheel shop will be able to tell you if this is possible with your wheel and get it done for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another way to clear the arches is to add a bit more negative camber to the back, by rotating the elliptic bolts at the inner end of the lower arms. Also, some hammer work will releive the inner lip of the rear arches. I have done both on my Evo three and can now run 225 section tyres ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.