Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else seem to get abuse or finger gestures from other drivers even if your not driving like you've just stolen it.Get it a lot but only when driving the the evo people seem to think your racing up behind them when thats just not the case, I'm not surprised that more and more people are carrying weapons in their cars just for a bit of protection..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I don't think it's possible to drive an Evo for longer than 10 minutes in Norfolk without getting some kind of abuse or someone deliberately obstructing you. It happens in the GTR too but not half as often. I'm not sure it's got anything to do with jealousy - there are simply a lot of people driving on our roads with a lot of pent-up aggression who take it out on anything they don't 'agree' with.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I get it nearly every day, the main cause is when im behind someone on a single lane road, they will see there is an opertunity for me to overtake and they will move in to the middle of the road to stop me doing so :(

·
Registered
557 Posts
had a really weird one last night - old boy and i reckon his grandson - anyhow as i overtook him as he was doing 25 on a dual lane he starting clapping and waving his hands. Dunno wot that was about

·
Registered
923 Posts
where i live there arent any evos :D :D all i get is admiring glances or pix being taken when i fill up or stop etc.

mind u i did return to my car at 3am in a park house once to find a gurl shall we say bent over the rear wing with boyfriend making a funny dance very close behind her, :blush:

he seemed to think it all very :D but she semmed to :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

me? i thought it was :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
krissevo said:
Anybody else seem to get abuse or finger gestures from other drivers even if your not driving like you've just stolen it.Get it a lot but only when driving the the evo people seem to think your racing up behind them when thats just not the case, I'm not surprised that more and more people are carrying weapons in their cars just for a bit of protection..
Tell me about it!! I tend to get abuse on regular occasions and just taking it easy too! Dunno what some folks problems are.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Don't get many gestures? The odd one now and again, normally from stereotypical reps, you know, jacket on the hook in the rear driving a 318 Beemer. I find smiling sweetly at them really REALLY annoys them :)

I do get a fair bit of light flashing though, both by cars i have overtaken (that are doing 40 in a national speed limit and presume anybody going faster than them in a yellow car with a big spoiler is a nutter) and by oncoming cars (that are about half a mile away when i pull out to overtake and normally don't even find the light stalk till i have completed the manouver and pulled back in(and assume that anybody in a yellow car with a big spoiler overtaking somebody is driving like a nutter))

In the case of the oncoming tart flashing his lights, i normally return the gesture and wave animatedly, as though I have recognised them. You can actually hear their arteries hardening due to the stress as they scream at you when you have gone.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try and ignore them m8 - it's only jealousy. Happens all the time when I had a 6. Collecting the 8 in 2/3 weeks and I'm sure that I'll receive the finger once again !

:mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
i dont own an evo... but i know what you mean by the arrogance and hatred you can get shown on the road.. want to know the way to get them back? when they do it, if you are stationary/ ie at the lights ect, blow them a kiss and wave, trust me it infuriates them :coolsm: anti-roadrage solution. :crackup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
What I find quite amusing is the dicks that overtake me on the wrong side of the road when I slow down to go over speedbumps (which I have to otherwise bye bye premuffler). . . . . only to get stuck queueing at the next junction

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.