Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive had 7 years of evo and over xmas i added up what i had spent on my x2 main cars, its disgraceful!

The evo 9

and the evo 6 sprint car

done over 40 track days at over 600bhp and 2 years of sprints, its been a hoot and had such a great time doing it and both of them well over 600bhp and both very different animals. those who i have made freinds with at track days and sprints will know that ive always had the itch to go back to rear wheel drive, well here what im up to

The Kit car

i collect this hyabusa powered tiger avon kit car in 2 weeks, its a well know sprint and hill climb car from ireland, always wanted one and looks ****in mental, obviously i will be developing things and putting my stamp on the car, its going to be a big learning curve for me again, something ive missed over the last few years

here is a video of it in action:eek: guys got some balls
and this one

there are many other videos if you look at the guys you tube profile

The RX8

for a long term project i have boght a maxda RX8, the dirt cheap as the engines are pants, got the for £180 but sold the interior and a fe other bits n bos s it stands me at £40:D

i was going to pput all of my evo engine, turbo and 4wd system in it but decided against

im currently trying to decided on which engine to put in

M5 V10
M3 e90 V8
M3 E46 straight 6

anybody help me with this?

the car now

anyway its stripped already for a cage and engine, along with a bif wide arch kit, i would like it to end up something like this

The Rx8 wil take time, at least a year

anyway, thats where im at:coolsm:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
looks like alot of fun you'll have with both projects :smthumbup assume for your rx8 engine options you only want normally aspirated? what about the 1or2jz supra engine:D

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like alot of fun you'll have with both projects :smthumbup assume for your rx8 engine options you only want normally aspirated? what about the 1or2jz supra engine:D
yes im looking for a suitable NA, not familar with those engines but just know that it has to be as close to 500bhp as possible, hence the v10 m5 or the e90, cost is a big factor as well and believe it or not the evo breaking will pay for both and have a decent bit left over

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
yes im looking for a suitable NA, not familar with those engines but just know that it has to be as close to 500bhp as possible, hence the v10 m5 or the e90, cost is a big factor as well and believe it or not the evo breaking will pay for both and have a decent bit left over
best wishes with your projects Martin and keep us updated:smthumbup, love my evo but constantly wonder about selling up for a turbod wide arch e30 bmw project :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
10,015 Posts
Do some msa sprints when you have finished it , how about a VXR8 engine in it 500 bhp ish and plenty of mid range grunt .

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Merc AMG M156 6.2 V8 engine if it will squeeze in would be amazing in the RX8

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I was gonna suggest you turbo the busa lump. But after watching the vids Ive changed my mind :handsup::eek::coolsm:

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
best wishes with your projects Martin and keep us updated:smthumbup, love my evo but constantly wonder about selling up for a turbod wide arch e30 bmw project :smthumbup
cheers, i have been talking about going back to RWD for years now, just decided nows the time

Do some msa sprints when you have finished it , how about a VXR8 engine in it 500 bhp ish and plenty of mid range grunt .
looking into them there similar kind of money to the bmw engine, shall look further into it

Merc AMG M156 6.2 V8 engine if it will squeeze in would be amazing in the RX8
would be great, blody expensive though

TVR engine perhaps?

That kit car looks as mad as a box of frogs :naughty:
to expensive for me corky, best sounding engines ever though

I was gonna suggest you turbo the busa lump. But after watching the vids Ive changed my mind :handsup::eek::coolsm:
:D

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Will you fit in that Tiger Martin ? :)

Will be fun but you will miss the torque until you get used to revving the berries off it, i drove my old boss's redtop powered caterham and was great fun and always wanted one since, but without a good place to keep it ive not scratched that itch yet.

As for the RX8 just get a LS1 v8 slung in there :D

Ian

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Was just about to say an LS V8 create motor, think you can get them with the loom and ECU so just plug and play :smthumbup
Correct:smthumbup

Gas Monkey Garage (Fast N Loud) on Discovery just done one in some yank tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts