Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Every Scooby driver I meet wants to be my friend when I'm in the Evo. To be honest I couldnt give a **** anymore about the impreza. Does this mean the Scooby is now a poor mans Evo or that I am just shallow and not very friendly :confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I havent ever come across the animosity that always gets brought up.

Sure scooby drivers think their cars are the best.
So do we!
So do pretty much any other collection of same marque owners?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Don't know if anyone was watching Wire in the Blood last night but some chap got shot in the head for driving a Blue / gold wheeled number and even then for his sins was publicly branded a boy racer!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daveR said:
Sure scooby drivers think their cars are the best.
See thats the thing I dont think they do I think they thhink that the Evo is better but dont think they can afford to run one (probably 70% true)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Leonard said:
See thats the thing I dont think they do I think they thhink that the Evo is better but dont think they can afford to run one (probably 70% true)
The few people I know with imprezas dont really fit into that category?!

Two lads have recently bought new sti8's when they could of chosen the evo if they wanted.

Its all horses for courses really. I buy a car because of what I want I wouldnt say I was that bothered by what anyone else thought of it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Personally I dont know where this idea comes from :confused:

I am good friends with a Scooby owner and meet up with them when I can and they are all very friendly and welcoming...

I guess its just a case of a few spoiling it for the masses...

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skip said:
Personally I dont know where this idea comes from :confused:

I am good friends with a Scooby owner and meet up with them when I can and they are all very friendly and welcoming...

I guess its just a case of a few spoiling it for the masses...
I'm not talking of hatred amongst owners. I am meaning Scooby drivers wanting to own Evo's now. Sometimes I can see the jealousy oozing out of their pores like cheap gin ;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
one of my best friends has a scooby, i loved it when he first got it and still do, i always wanted an evo and so i bought one, he loves mine aswell, whenever i see a scooby on the road i always have a look, they are nice cars i think, saw a lovely STi at the weekend, just a shame he didnt want to play, i think his wife secretly liked the evo better tho cos she was staring at my car lol.
All in all i think we are all the same, we like performance jap cars, the evo just being a little bit more exspensive

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Both cars are great in their own way, personally I prefer the evo but i have had both. i would never go around saying my cars better than yours etc - thats just sad.

Leonard do you actually own an evo or do you just drive your birds car? What category does that put you in :confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Leonard said:
I'm not talking of hatred amongst owners. I am meaning Scooby drivers wanting to own Evo's now. Sometimes I can see the jealousy oozing out of their pores like cheap gin ;)
Unless im just biting to an obvious windup, is that seriously the opinion you have?!?! :confused:

I think you are probably rather mistaken there Leonard.

PatG, its not his bird! :crackup:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PatG said:
Leonard do you actually own an evo or do you just drive your birds car? What category does that put you in :confused:
Look I'm not trying to start an argument here and I drive my sisters Evo so take that however you want it.

All I am saying is there are a lot of Scoobies around me (arent there everywhere ;) ) and they all go bananas when they see the Evo.
A year ago i would have said Scooby owners were more than happy with their Scoobies. But now, I have noticed a distinct empathy towards the Evo from Scooby owners that wasnt there before. This I put down to them wanting one instead of the Scooby. Thats ALL I am saying :)

Discuss

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
daveR said:
Unless im just biting to an obvious windup, is that seriously the opinion you have?!?! :confused:

I think you are probably rather mistaken there Leonard.

Honestly not a wind up I wouldnt be posting this if I didnt believe it :confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Oh, sorry - your sister, not your bird!! - my bad :D

As far as i see it, the evo is the more desireable car - simply because there are less of them on the road than scoobys.

They are both rally bred, amazing cars and i respect them both hugely but the scooby is more common which IMO is its downfall and hence the reason i want another evo, plus the evo is a better car to drive and much better to modify.

all IMO of course ;)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Once they put the intercooler in the right place and add equal length headers there's nothing in it, either physically or aurally :D

I used to go to a few of the local scoobynet meets in the 6 with a workmate in his Impreza Catalunya and didn't get anything like that vibe Leonard. They acknowledged my hairdryer sounding I4 and I acknowledged their top-mount interboiler, and then we talked about tuning and driving and beer like any other car owners club :cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yep, lovely cars.......really like the Sti 8/9 versions.....few mods, lowered and bits ...they are lovely, and oh that flat four sound.
had two before the evos.... THey are a fast, rally bred car......they are more common but still lovely car. the stis are very quick.....raced my mate in his sti, I had my 6 with about 330 bhp in it.........pulled a car lenght on him....**** all, so you cant take them for granted either. Think scooby /evo drivers respect each other much the same on the road. :coolsm:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like i have said many times i hate Subaru's they're for little kids ( not me :blush: ) who think they can make the most noise.Little chavs have em' and try to bling' em up with there gay golden wheels, they might aswell have burburey rims.

You see when it comes to Evo's they stand out more , with different editions like the TME and so on unlike the Scooby with has the Ra and the 555 and some other crappy version to be honest they don't stand a chane against an Evo. :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
I live in central london and so mainly drive there and on motorways (apart from sunday mornings - gotta wake up at 5 and find some b-roads :) otherwise the week feels empty) and so I can give a slightly different opinion on scooby drivers.

On the motorways, I normally pass at least one blue/gold brand new number and one other slightly older one each day. The blue ones will 90% (honestly) have a 25-year-old guy in a white shirt and tie coming back from work - he's got a company allowance or a nice bonus or whatever and he's decided not to go for the standard 3-series. Fair enough to him. However he'll never pull out behind me, nor will he ever drive his car to over 10% of its potential.

Then there's the older black/silver ones, sometimes estates, and these tend to be driven by what some of you guys would probably call chavs. More realistically though they're 20year old kids who've been saving up to pay for the insurance, and so make the most out of their cars. Now these ones can normally sit on my @ss round a decent road, even though I've got a huge horsepower advantage they know and love their scooby, and they're not worried about 2k carbon bits and stuff. I enjoy running into that sort of scooby driver immensly ;)

Any impreza I run into in London will follow me around till we can stop at the lights just so he can give it ago. Happened twice and I've only seen two in london while I've had my evo! Though strangely I've been spotting quite a few evo's in central london now that I'd never noticed before.

And as for the price difference - I reckon anyone that buys a scooby instead of an evo just because of the price difference is not gonna be upset or jealous- he's gonna be all high and mighty feeling like we're the [email protected] wasting the extra 3k that evos command over respective scoobies!

Now the thing that breeds contempt is the fact that the two cars are so identical and yet ours are so much better. I'm sure impreza owners say the same about their cars, but we know we're right don't we :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts