Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST BEEN TO A CAR PLANET IN WARRINGTON FOR EVO 8 MR, TO MY SUPRISE, THEY GOT A BRAND NEW BLACK EVO 9 GSR IN THE SHOWROOM FOR SALE! IT LOOKS GREAT AND IT IS CHEAP!!!! SO I DONT KNOW WHICH I SHOULD BUY! :confused:

CAN ANYONE HELP?? WHICH ONE IS BETTER?? :cry:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Well the 9 is an evolution from the 8MR and it has a bigger intake on the turbo not to mention other stuff. The EVO 8 MR (Gun Metal Grey) looks better though. Test drive the pair of 'em and make the executive decision. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS GUYS!! I MUST GO FOR A TEST DRIVE IN BOTH.

BLACK EVO 9 LOOKS GREAT! BUT EVO 8 MR ( GUN METAL GREY) WITH GREY BBS ALLOYS LOOKS GOOD AND CHEAP!
£27K BRAND NEW E9 COMPARED WITH A 5000 MILES E8 MR FOR £22K. THERES ANOTHER DECISION. :(

·
Registered
250 Posts
8MR - I wasn't sure if it was a good price, I had a look at it last Sunday and fell in love with it (so did my dad :rolleyes: )

Since I'm new to proper performance cars, I thought I'd best do my homework and get to know more about Evos before jumping in and buying one... I've spent hours reading through loads of post here this week :eek:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I have just purchased my red EVO 8 MR from Car Planet and their service was second to none.

The car was exactly as described. Near perfect condition.

I requested some pictures and they sent me 30 within the hour.

Picked up the phone every time I called. Answered all my questions.

Very good price. :)

Gold Plus warranty.

They even delivered the car to my house on a load loader. Saved me about 8-10 hours travelling.

I would highly recommend.

Skeletor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THE EVO IN THERE ARE JAP IMPORT.

TO ME, I DONT BORDER UK OR JAP IMPORT COZ THEY ALL LOOKS THE SAME APART FROM SOME INTERIOR BIT.

IT IS VERY HARD TO MAKE DECISION ON WHICH ONE I SHOULD BUY. I LOVE THE HALF LEATHER RECARO SEAT, THATS THE BEST LOOKING RECARO SEAT EVER, NICE! :blush:

BUT I CANT RESIST THE PRICE ON THE E8 MR IN GUM METAL GREY. :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evo mr

morning everyone,i phoned car planet last night to see what you get with the cars, and they said you get milage check and a grade check and a print out of the car from the auction if you wish.plus they will fit a cat 1 alarm and or a tracker on site at an extra cost,so if the wife lets me out today im going down to see if i can have a test drive in them but im going more for the mr the. grey does go well with the wheels. hopefully i will let you no the outcome later.

·
Registered
250 Posts
did you ask anything about a warranty?

As I'm starting to look around I was weighing off the pros / cons of private vs trade... there's an fq320 on the trader for £21500, bit more milage but is already kitted out with alarm / tracker which insurers seem to insist on.

When I asked last week at car planet they weren't particularly interested in sorting out either, so I budgeted another grand for both professionally fitted.

does anyone have any comments or advise on a 5000ish mile std MR as to whether to buy trade or private?

regards, tim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just rang them before about the warranty. they said its a 1 year warranty with £2k individual claim limit which cover all the electrical & mechanical components inc. Turbo & 4wd system. warranty cover sounds good. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts