Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some polybush rear diff mounts to fit to my 9, the old bushes are done and the top/bottom sections fell off once i got the support(moustache?) bar free. The problem is when lowering the diff i only have enough room to free one side at a time if that makes sense? The guides i find online seem to be different to what is under my car somehow
Most guides show the bush fitting this part which it obviously doesnt on mine

The bar to the left of the driveshaft is solid right accross the other side above the diff.

Anybody know what the next step is ?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Have you tried giving it a tap with a hammer or leaving it out. Mine comes out pretty easy once the 4 bolts are undone

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bar itself is free from the studs on the car i just cant get it out from over the top of the diff its an if the diff is sitting too high and i dont really want to take the rear moustache bar bolts out incase it rests on the ayc hoses/pipes and crushes them
How did you get the front bar out from over the diff is there something im missing?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Is it possible to get it out without dropping the diff? I've only removed the whole lot as a unit before.

I presume you've unwound all the diff/subframe bolts to let it drop down as much as possible?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh thankyou. Will have a look tomorrow in the daylight, the new garage isnt as bright as i would like at night :smthumbup

·
Registered
434 Posts
Remove side brackets, lowering subframe littlebit, loosen moustace bar bolts, loosen ayc brackets, disconnect center prop connection and pull the diff down to 45degrees

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Almost got there but a couple of subframe bolts were stuck, job for a garage i think. Out it back together for now thanks for the help anyway guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts