Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I had the Evo out a run yesterday, its first after its winter hibernation.

Just normal driving for the first hour or so to let things get all up to temperature etc fresh fuel.

Did a couple runs in low boost and recorded a peak of 1.87 which is exactly what id expect to see. Changed to high which is set at 2.1 and when coming on boost it felt like i hadn't changed and was still in the low setting. Checked the peaks again and sure enough the previous peak of 1.87 was still the same.

Its controlled via the ic spray switch high/low stock ecu on speed density.

I reset the peaks and for the rest of the drive it wouldnt go above 1.36bar in either high or low setting and i switched between the 2 many times, it felt like i was towing another car behind me. There was couple of times when it felt like it had fixed itself just for a second or so and then it was back to feeling all sluggish again.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? If so what was the fix?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Hi guys

I had the Evo out a run yesterday, its first after its winter hibernation.

Just normal driving for the first hour or so to let things get all up to temperature etc fresh fuel.

Did a couple runs in low boost and recorded a peak of 1.87 which is exactly what id expect to see. Changed to high which is set at 2.1 and when coming on boost it felt like i hadn't changed and was still in the low setting. Checked the peaks again and sure enough the previous peak of 1.87 was still the same.

Its controlled via the ic spray switch high/low stock ecu on speed density.

I reset the peaks and for the rest of the drive it wouldnt go above 1.36bar in either high or low setting and i switched between the 2 many times, it felt like i was towing another car behind me. There was couple of times when it felt like it had fixed itself just for a second or so and then it was back to feeling all sluggish again.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? If so what was the fix?

Thanks
I've just had " sort of " the same experience. Set off for Scotland last week, car ran as normal for 150 miles, then lost all boost pressure. It then returned soon after, however with less boost than before. Over the course of the weekend it ended up having no boost whatsoever, and on inspection, it's seized the turbo.

This is an 80 series, peak boost about 1.8. Hope it's not the same problem starting on yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts