Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know if the later transfer boxes can fit in the older evo 5 boxes? I want to take advantage of the motec centre diff controller but with and evo five box. Also thinking about a sequential gearbox, I guess if I was to go down that route there would be no issues?

All help appreciated cheers.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
the transfer wil fit the box no bother ,getting an 8 transfer in a 456 is another thing all together ,and not an esay thing to do ,its a BIG job

as for a sequentail box ,depending what you plan to do with the car ,on the road ,forget it there awefull ,as a competition box theres awesome ,i know of LOADS of DRENTHs in rally cars there as good as it gets really

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cheers for the feedback, is it sizing in the tunnel or with the mounting etc? I want to be bale to do whatever I want with it, drive it hard on road and track maybe do some stage stuff with it. I was also looking at dog boxes etc as well. Its a GSR so i have now decided to go mechanical all over, do you recommend and diffs in particular?

Cheers

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
Ok cheers for the feedback, is it sizing in the tunnel or with the mounting etc? I want to be bale to do whatever I want with it, drive it hard on road and track maybe do some stage stuff with it. I was also looking at dog boxes etc as well. Its a GSR so i have now decided to go mechanical all over, do you recommend and diffs in particular?

Cheers
basicly its a 789 front subframe youve to graft in ,then theres the bottom arms and hubs ,,its doable just not easily done ,,diffs wise just bung an RS rear end in her have the diff set up properly and she will be good to go
as for a dog box or sequancail its fine for a track car but for a road car there not nice ,there bad enough on rally cars between stages ,youd not want one in a normal ish road car thats for sure

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
basicly its a 789 front subframe youve to graft in ,then theres the bottom arms and hubs ,,its doable just not easily done ,,diffs wise just bung an RS rear end in her have the diff set up properly and she will be good to go
as for a dog box or sequancail its fine for a track car but for a road car there not nice ,there bad enough on rally cars between stages ,youd not want one in a normal ish road car thats for sure
Cheers, thing I am gonna leave the later centre diff for this stage and go all mechanical, Kazz front and centre, and rear RS. I will prob go for a sequential just to future proof it but I know what you mean about them.
You rally yours?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
Cheers, thing I am gonna leave the later centre diff for this stage and go all mechanical, Kazz front and centre, and rear RS. I will prob go for a sequential just to future proof it but I know what you mean about them.
You rally yours?
i used to rally an evo and did for over 10 years ,awesome cars ,but i got fed up of the bills ,even in the motorsport business im in its got silly ,i now have a 1300 micra LOL

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used to rally an evo and did for over 10 years ,awesome cars ,but i got fed up of the bills ,even in the motorsport business im in its got silly ,i now have a 1300 micra LOL
I hear you, You can get a ridiculous amount of fun with a cheaper car, I want to rally a class 11f civic at some point awesome machines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts