Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the spoiler off the car and the sides are also now off (what a pain the bum that was lol) but how do you take the bolts out which hold the sides onto the wing itself.

They are rounded on the outside and captive nuts on the inside.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They are rivets, the only way to get them off is to cut them off but then the next problem is that you can't get them from anywhere (I know I've done this myself to get mine re lacquered), the way I have sorted it out is to buy some a4 stainless dome headed nuts and then got a machinist to turn them down to fit in the holes and some rivet nuts for the back side, hope this helps you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Adam, the ones at the bottom I have removed but the ones at the side which you can see when the spoiler is on the car look like they screw into Captive nuts on the inside.

Are you saying these are rivets as they don't look like Rivets

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
There is a good step by step guide on evolutionmnet it shows you everything you need to do from taking it off the car right through to making new brackets and full rebuild and relacquering

Stew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Adam

What gasket did you use when putting it back on the boot lid.
Hi I haven't put it back on yet I've decided to get the yellow taken off the outer side sections so I've sent it to the Bodyshop again, for the gasket I was going to get some thin rubber and cut it to the right size and shape, foam would just retain water and make it rust again hth

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just about getting there with the spoiler now , got the sides back from having the yellow taken off then bolted the inner side plates back on to the blade with the new bolts, now just working on the metal base plates because my old ones were just about non existent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts