Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have had my evo 8 gsr that i have owned for only 1 month rear ended by a van at a roundabout :mad:

My insurance company has it in hand but are not using mitsubishi or an mitsubishi autorised dealer, should it be carried out by mitsubishi?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,727 Posts
Not a good start to then new year for you :cry:

I would either let it go to a mitsubishi approved repairer or that of a bodywork company that you trust.

You are entitled to send it where you like after all it wasn't your fault. If its not driveable you will have to get chosen repairer to view the car and send of his quotation to insurance company, they then will probably send an assessor down to see if the quoutes not taking the **** and they should agree for the car to be repaired. Should make no difference to them as they will claim it back from the other side including your excess fee.

A previous car i had went to the insurers repairer came back looking like stevie wonder had sprayed it.

hope you get it sorted asap
 

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
Joined
·
38,880 Posts
evo_22 said:
Hi, i have had my evo 8 gsr that i have owned for only 1 month rear ended by a van at a roundabout :mad:

My insurance company has it in hand but are not using mitsubishi or an mitsubishi autorised dealer, should it be carried out by mitsubishi?

thanks
You're legally entitled to take the car where you want as long as they are vat registered and the quote is reasonable. Your insurance company will lie to you and say you must take it when they suggest, but they don't make money writing cheques, do they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
Be demanding and unreasonable. It is your right to choose where your car is repaired.

And don't forget those expensive items you had in the boot that were damaged in the accident too ;) ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Re: Re: EVO 8 - rear ended

Aidy said:
You're legally entitled to take the car where you want as long as they are vat registered and the quote is reasonable.
Why do they have to be vat registered Aidy :confused:
My mate does a few repair/paint jobs for some of the big insurance companies but hes not vat registered yet?
 

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
Joined
·
38,880 Posts
Re: Re: Re: EVO 8 - rear ended

Originally posted by DuncanIV
> Why do they have to be vat registered Aidy :confused:

So you can't get your mate to knock up an estimate saying it'll cost £10,000. It's mainly to ensure the garage isn't a cowboy outfit.

> My mate does a few repair/paint jobs for some of
> the big insurance companies but hes not vat registered yet?

If he has a r'ship with them then they probably trust his work so are happy to use him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,094 Posts
Bazzer said:
Be demanding and unreasonable. It is your right to choose where your car is repaired.

And don't forget those expensive items you had in the boot that were damaged in the accident too ;) ;) ;)
pmsl
you crook
:crackup: :crackup:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top