Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, I have had the tracking checked and it is dead on :mitsi: settings.

Basically when I let go of the steering wheel in a flat and level road the car pulls to the left, normally I can only think that this would be a tracking issue....any ideas??

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
uneven tyre wear? different make/type tyres accross the axle? something bent somewhere?

this might sound crazy but have you tried driving in the middle of the road in a safe place. just the rule out road camber completly

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All new tyres in December just before I bout the car and they have covered around 1000 miles now.

Yep have tried driving down the middle of the road and it still does it. Car was bought from a Mitsi dealer and is 100% ok and nothing bent that anyone can see...??

Will get the pressures checked tomorrow and will get them filled with nitrogen instead of air at the same time......makes a much nicer ride and handling better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
where can you get your tyres filled with nitrogen?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My local Meri Tyre in Farnham does it, for £2 a tyre, Had them done on my Leon Cupra R and the difference in ride quiality and noise level is massive.

The road noise is less and the car goes over bumps smother and also the ride is better in the corners as the tyres doen't compress like they do with normal air in them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats great i want nitrogen in my tyres

is there a place in birmingham who does that?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If your car is still pulling after all that

Try putting the back wheels on the front.(Ideally you should have had new tyres when the tracking was done)

If all else fails look for a bent tracking control arm.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Weight loss

As the time attack boys are forever stripping their cars of excess weight...have they considered filling their tyres with helium?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had same problem with my VW Golf - garage done tracking and car still pulled to left hand side - then taken car to a place that done laser alignment to get it redone car is now spot on. Check for uneven tyre wear, also check shocks and other suspension parts just in case.

·
Registered
962 Posts
did you ever sort this? as mine pulls to the left ,but i have noticed the outer bitt of the tyre is worn... but tracking is correct as i have had it tracked 3 times thinking maybe thats the problem....
but im getting a knocking sound turning left.. maybe top mounts?

ps... nitrogen tyre inflation for bham, ,,, Costco ;) im going to do it next week

·
Registered
958 Posts
where can you get your tyres filled with nitrogen?
for anything else i would avoid them but kwikfit can put nitrogen in your tyres for £1 a tyre.
i had a problem with my steering vibrating on the motorway at 70 or so. i had brand new discs and pads , correct tyre pressure and all wheels were undamaged and the problem was i originally had a buckled wheel on the front which was put on the back to reduce vibration and when a new wheel was put on the tyre wear was uneven by about 1 or 2mm max but it affected it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work in an accident repair centre we do full geom checks on cars all day long. After checking your tyre press and condition, would recommend checking lower front ball joints and inner bushes for any play.If these seem ok then your only answer is a 4 wheel alignment check ,you will prob have a bent steering component throwing out a caster or camber reading.The damage is prob so slight the chances of you actually seeing it are impossible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts