Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the group. Awaiting my 8 mr to arrive from Japan. Its very clean underneath. It will be a toy not my daily. My thoughts are as it will be kept in my garage and driven during summer/dry months, is it worth under sealing and covering it all in the black gunge? (Would be a paid professional) Will it be worth better value in the future if it is kept visible? Either way before the under sealing I would take many many photos for evidence. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,

· Premium Member
11,373 Posts
Box sections an absolute must. If you use wax on the underside in clear it will still pick up the dust so don’t be put off by black wax, in fairness it looks neater. Only problem is it may hide any new rust, plus buyers don’t tend to like it. . It cleans off with a really hot jet wash if needed

· Premium Member
Regional Organiser
7,105 Posts
Get it all cavity waxed as well before you use it too (it's what I did) and then waxoyl (black) I just want it to do the job and so far it has 7 years later - just be sensible how you use and store the car when not using.

Reactions: Mita
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.