Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the going price these days for an evo 8 mr fq340? I know of one with Miles around 90k, full service history and no rust issue.
Seems like a well looked after car.
Ive came across a few for sale from £25-30k is this an expected sale price?

· Registered
Evo 9GT, 562hp, #EngineTuner, Ply
82 Posts
Hard to say at the moment. Prices seem to vary wildly from £15K to £30+

I paid the higher end of the scale for my 9GT and in hindsight was probably too much. Although the red 9 that went on Collecting Cars was £37K after fees and looked on par with mine.

Will have to come down to condition, history and how much you're prepared to pay. At the higher price bracket you could be looking at GTRs (as a mate kindly pointed out to me :) ) but then running costs of those makes the Evo look cheap..

You're also hoping the prices stay high - some say it's just covid tax but prices do seem to be creeping up as there are more and more going up for over £30K.

I paid £16K for my Spec C Type RA 12 months ago and they seemed to have crept into the mid 20s already.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never thought about the gtr price comparison before, the running costs would definitely put a lot of potential owners off and towards the evos.
I personally dont think its going to drop much if any after covid but also dont think the prices are going to continue going up much for the rest of the year.

Are you sure the high prices arent selling? The majority of ones ive seen advertised have been removed but obviously that could be for a few reasons.

· Premium Member
1,330 Posts
I sold mine for 16k a couple years ago and that was a very clean UK car. I don't think FQ340 VIII are actually selling for 20-30k at the moment, although prices are on the rise. It's just people jumping on the bandwagon and chancing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.