Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i am reading it seems like there is a lot of 8's that have had matrix failure, do they just have a weak matrix or have the people that have had them changed all had head gasket problems? I am curious to see as i want to get an 8 as i did have a 7 which as far a i could tell had not had one done in it, is that the 8's only weakness? :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
where have you seen that - this is the first time i've seen anything

·
North Scotland R.O
13,410 Posts
Heard of a few 8 matrix failures think ant1 was the last i seen,
The matrix sold quickly out of my 8 MR when i broke it for spares and it was a right pig to get out :lol:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
The system getting very hot or running a higher pressure rad cap can increase the chances of it going.
It's a pig of a job as already said, as you need to remove loads of stuff to get to it, but not as bad as changing a clutch:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am a vehicle technicain so i am not worried about doing the job but i went throught the forum and checked under 8 matrix and there seems to be a fair few with the problem. i am going to look at an 8 FQ300 next Sunday with a matrix gone at 44k and just wanted to see if there was problems with them.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Mine went 2 years ago. Was a real pain in the ass because there wasn't any on stock so had to wait 6 weeks for the next batch to be made and shipped from Japan.

Its a dash out job to do aswell. Fortunately my dash has been put back properly as is free from any rattles.

I use a 1.3 bar Ralliart Rad Cap and thought this may have been the cause but its been fine ever since (touches wood).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.It's a pig of a job as already said, as you need to remove loads of stuff to get to it, but not as bad as changing a clutch:D
3 1/2 hours from start to finish. dont need to take the whole dash out as it is possible to pull it forward enough to release the heater box and remove the matrix from it in the car.
Matrix - £70 from WWW.DEMISTERMAN.CO.UK , matrix is spot on and an exact fit. Highly recommend them as a replacement for the original part.
:smthumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts