Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Evo 8 with 30k miles in stunning cool silver. Car runs at 407 BHP :)

Car is a Japanese import with the following mods:

Evo 8 GSR 300 (Japanese version of the FQ-300 UK car) that has had the RS 5-speed gearbox (£1400) and RS paddle clutch (£450) fitted (this car was spec'ed to be very quick of the line). Anyone who knows Evo's will know that the 5-speed box is stronger than the stock 6-speed, and when cuppled to the RS paddle clutch (which wont slip on hard accelaration) they launch the car with a great 0-60 time :)

Evo 9 GT turbo,
HKS panel filter,
Walbro 255 fuel pump,
HKS super dragger exhaust,
Uprated con rod bolts,
ECU remap (carried out by PJ Motorsport) With printout to prove 407bhp,
Full Evo 9 body kit (inc: front bumper, front splitter, rear bumper, carbon exhaust sheild, roof vortex generator and side skirts),
Evo 9 wheels with very good tyres,
Carbon Evo 9 MR boot badge
Full Evo 9 Rally Art interior inc carbon dash insert and steerng wheel,
Resprayed mat black center console, sterio surround and window switch surrounds.

All the normal Evo extras inc:

Electric windows, remote central locking (with the remote folding wing mirrors activated), Active center diff control, 4 wheel drive, 2.0l turbo engine, xenon headlights, intercooler spray etc......

Car is HPI clear.

Bad points:

I have found some minor marks on the body an 1 small mark on the drivers seat lumbar support (was ment to be sorted but the guy keeps lettin me down. Should cost £20 to sort).

1. There is a mark on the bonnet, up by the windscreen but I will t-cut it out as it is very shallow.

2. Slight scuff on the rear bumper pass side corner.

3. A small crack by the exhaust on the rear bumper.

4. Front splitter has a slight splinter where the prev owner caught a kerb.

A local bodyshop has quoted me £135 to sort all the marks but they dont bother me so I havent bothered.

I have been as honest as I can with this listing. If the car was mint I would be asking much more to sell.

I think this is a bargin for a full Evo 9 MR replica with over 400bhp.

£10995 ono. Will look at p/x but would prefer Boxster or Tuscan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know to be honest. I would say the stock evo 8 one. The mods where done by prevowners. I took the car in p/x and never really wanted to keep it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Down to 10.5k for this week as I have spotted a car I would like. If it doesnt go this week Ill put the price back up and have to wait :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi bud, yes I still have it (took it of sale 4 a while as I was messed about by 2 buyers).

By fq400 I mean I was told that most of the mods done to the engine are similar to what the FQ400 has done by the factory and tat someone seemed to be trying to make a close replica. I on the other hand dont have much of a clue on evos :( so wouldnt know.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
the engine mods are nothing like an fq400 im afraid

how long you owned this for?
how many pre owners?
as above any service history?
was that the reg when you got it? or was it another one? what was it? just wondering if its someones off here

thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The reg is the same as I got with the car. No real service history but got receipts or work done inc a full inspection, new oil etc... 3 owners and I took it in p/x on a astra VXR and was never planning to keep it. I have had it about 5-6 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts