Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive an evo 8 that was tuned by someone else and is running bad and over boosting, i need an original file to bring the car back to standard and see where the car stands.
i have read it with tactrix ecuflash

if someone could supply an original file it would be really appreciated

thanks guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok any tuner willing to try this for me, i will pay obviously

the car is an evo 8 fq340

seems to be boosting too high unsure if its because someone has mapped it already or not? who can help? i have attached the map ive read from the car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the car is a standard evo 8 fq340 mr, its got the 2 boost solenoids, as far as i can see only thing not standard is a decat pipe, it is boosting too high and im wondering can this be altered in a map while also tuning up the bhp and adding launch coontrol??

Any takers?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Boost too high = reduce the max wastegate duty cycle and boost control load offset. Have a look at a stock ROM for indicative values to put. If changing these does nothing then you very likely have a damaged wastegate actuator or a leak in the boost solenoid hoses.

BTW 1.8bar is not too high, IMO less than 1.5bar on an Evo is low boost. I'm running 1.7bar on a rebuilt Evo 4 engine and a IX turbo.

I have seen launch control standard on some stock ROMs for example the 96260007 that I use, it's listed as stationary rev limit. Otherwise you can get a Tephra ROM.

Increasing BHP and reducing boost don't usually happen together unless the map is really horrible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wel apparently now ive been told this is a stock map, anyone up for making some ££ by modifying my map??

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Seeing as actuators are prone to seizing its a good place to start
Post over your map file and i can compare it to other evo 8s i have done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts