Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have had this 7 about 3 weeks and getting bits sorted for the summer so i can just burn up some road lol , problem is i cleaned the aftermarket air filter and tightern up the bolts and secured it properly , now it dosen`t pop air off throught the gears which is good as its not dragging in too muck air ,the only issue i get now is when i come to a stop and press the clutch and brake peddle the revs hit 3k+ so i let off the brake peddle and it drops not too sure what the issue could be as im not that mechanically minded , i can do easy general stuff but wont get too involved , could it be an air leak some where or a loose pipe / hose as i tightern up the inter cooler clips and a few other and pushed then in properly the car is 80% better so must have stopped an air leak some where , any more info would be greatful .

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Had this problem on a 911, it was the pedal box flexing but not sure if the Evo is set up the same way :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Hi all i have had this 7 about 3 weeks and getting bits sorted for the summer so i can just burn up some road lol , problem is i cleaned the aftermarket air filter and tightern up the bolts and secured it properly , now it dosen`t pop air off throught the gears which is good as its not dragging in too muck air ,the only issue i get now is when i come to a stop and press the clutch and brake peddle the revs hit 3k+ so i let off the brake peddle and it drops not too sure what the issue could be as im not that mechanically minded , i can do easy general stuff but wont get too involved , could it be an air leak some where or a loose pipe / hose as i tightern up the inter cooler clips and a few other and pushed then in properly the car is 80% better so must have stopped an air leak some where , any more info would be greatful .
think this maybe needs narrowing down more, try just the brake without the clutch. Do the revs rise if you are at tick over and press the brake/clutch? Do the revs rise if you accelerate and then release the accelerator but dont press the brake/clutch

Deifinitely sounds a strange 1. I suppose the brake system is linked to the air intake system via the brake servo. cant see a clutch link

Stu

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
its only when i press the braking i lifted the brake peddle with the clutch fully depressed and as soon as i let the pressure off the brakes the revs drop as far as i can see its not clutch related, oh and btw the discs and pads all round were replaced when i purchased the car maybe have some baring on it ?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
It does sound like a brake servo/pipe problem as they vacuum off the inlet manifold.... The servo is on the bulk head on the drivers side under the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
i hate to say this where is the sero located i will have a look , like i say im not technically minded
the servo is black circular unit with the brake master cylinder fastened to it, there will be a black pipe coming off it to the back of the engine

Id expect you are looking to make sure that system is still air tight

Stu

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi stu

the servo is very clean and the black hose that goes to the manifold is / looks in good shape it also has something in the pipe 1/4 the way along i will try to get the hose off and see if i can clean it incase anything has started to block it .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tonight something got me thinking as you just mentioned stu i looked at my pedals low and behold there are mazo ??? cover over the brake and throttle cables so i got my trusty allen keys out and ripped them off there seems more space between the pedals so wont know untill i take him for a spin ,hopefully that`s my issue , i checked under the bonnet and the servo and hoses are mint for an old car its very very well looked after .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes mazo is the name on the pedal covers and there is a little block by the gear leaver on the console with mazo and the gears 1-5 and reverse the car is a JDM import so assume its a japanese make over there ?.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Yes mazo is the name on the pedal covers and there is a little block by the gear leaver on the console with mazo and the gears 1-5 and reverse the car is a JDM import so assume its a japanese make over there ?.
whatever they are, i'd remove them, I hate pedal covers like that, slippy with wet feet, make it easier to catch the wrong pedal, and worst, if they move, can be dangerous

Stu

1 - 18 of 18 Posts