Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be warned if you are getting an Evo 7, the factory option Gas-Discharge headlight system will NOT pass an SVA test according to 2 sva centres ( South'ton, Bristol ) and amp; the sva Technical Centre ( Useful Tel No!! 01792 458888 )because they do not conform to EC regulations without being accompanied with a self-leveling system and amp; wash-wipe, neither of which I believe to be available. Potentialy the only way around this, if you really want them, is to buy them separately, but at £1300 !!! they are VV expensive compared with the £475 I was quoted as a factory upgrade by my importer( Yamitori,)---so not viable in my opinion. The sva technical people also have a low opinion of the Jap G-D system .
Also note, one importer proudly told me on 9/3/01 that ALL his 7s were coming with G-D lights!--seems like some people are in for a surprise ( and amp; delay) at the sva stations!.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Warrender's E7 has the gas discharge lights fitted (they looked pretty damn good at the launch) and I assume has been SVA'd as it is on the road and has been used for various photo shoots. Have they just got a friendly SVA station?

Go figure.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I presme that Warrenders E7 was on the road with trade plates . However here is response from Simon Taylor after I raised the subject with him:

Robert, thanks for the e:mail. We are aware that the discharge lamps will
not pass SVA. We asked our man in Japan to place a set of Halogen lamps in
the boot of the vehicle we flew over.
No delays getting our vehicles through the SVA !!

Regards

Simon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you guessed correctly!! it was Warrenders who were so confident about the g-d lights----put them in the boot ,if you like , but it will still cost you a bundle cos' you need the standard ones to pass the SVA according to the SVA Tech. Centre.
Warrenders E7 went straight from the plane to the Autocar test, so not SVA'd by then (note ,no rear fog in the published pics!!) Be carefull what you order .
Mitsubishi already know there is a problem....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this means that you have to import 2 sets of head lamps by the end of it .
well thats the 1st mod taken care of.
have they indicated as to how much more power the light will be ,visability wise.
Cause it will be a bummer if then you have to have a fog lamp convertion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts