Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Im looking into buying a Launch Creader Vii for my evo 7 to check the overall issues and sort everything out. Has anyone used this on there evo 7? Will it be compatible? Its around £130 for the diagnostic tool.

Any experiences using such tools?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, I have used one on an Evo 8. Reads and resets fault codes and also shows live data from the ECU. However it will show generic OBD2 parameters.

Evoscan and a tactrix cable are another option if you are a bit technically minded and don't mind using a laptop to do the diagnosis. It shows you more Evo specific parameters including AYC/ACD and also allows you to test actuators.

·
Premium Member
22,050 Posts
Yes, I have used one on an Evo 8. Reads and resets fault codes and also shows live data from the ECU. However it will show generic OBD2 parameters.

Evoscan and a tactrix cable are another option if you are a bit technically minded and don't mind using a laptop to do the diagnosis. It shows you more Evo specific parameters including AYC/ACD and also allows you to test actuators.
Out of interest, do these readers (not evoscan or MUT) only read engine codes?

Stu

·
Registered
226 Posts
They read codes from the various ECUs in the car (when supported), So engine ECU, airbag ECU and others.

They also show live data, for example oxygen sensor, air flow meter, speed etc. However the items available are more generic than what Evoscan offers

·
Premium Member
22,050 Posts
They read codes from the various ECUs in the car (when supported), So engine ECU, airbag ECU and others.

They also show live data, for example oxygen sensor, air flow meter, speed etc. However the items available are more generic than what Evoscan offers
Thanks

So specifically evo, they will read engine ecu, but what else can be read, and what cant?

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts