Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is kind of 2 questions. First, I have an import EVO 7. I see through the inspection hold it has an purple exedy clutch, is there anyway of identifying what type it is?
Second, the clutch always judders when pulling away, hill starts are difficult, when it's hot there is a noise when pulling away which I can only describe and a grinding or heavy rubbing noise when trying to take up drive. The bite point is at the top 3/4 of the pedal travel. Does anyone have any pointers to what the noise maybe?
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my though, I think it has a light flywheels as well. The problem/noise was quiet bad today while in traffic and try to stop/start in slow traffic up a hill. Seems to be getting worse.

·
Premium Member
20,577 Posts
might be near its lifes end ....rather high peddle engagement , assume it was at a lower point in the past :)
I had exeedy 4 puck paddle before this Act 6 puck i have now , was less forgiving to use with bit of judder .......worth looking into saving for new clutch maybe ;)
Much mileage or years on it ?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure of age or mileage. I imported the car mod last year and I've covered 1000miles. It always juddered I just had to learn to drive it. It seems to be worse when hot. Guess I'll start researching a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts