Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do EVO owners fit lots of electronics gadgets/gauges in their cars like those people in Japan?

Any reasons for doing and not doing so?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wanted to fit a Motec LCD in my Evo6, but that was more for a diagnosis of the car after a run, and the data downloading, than to just have screens and lights flashing in the car.
When I actually DRIVE my car, I do not have any time to see the instruments anyway, appart,of course from the rev counter.
Moreover, as the Mitsu is a homologation special, and if you bought it to have fun, don't put more weight than yourself in the car.

Cheers

Tarik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you intend to tune your car yourself, the gauges will be a necessity. Anybody that is tuning your car for you should be making use of these gauges as well.

If all you do is put in an exhaust, filter and BOV, maybe the gauges are not necessary, but when you start fooling around with boost control you will need at the very least a boost gauge and an air/fuel ratio meter or an exhaust temperature gauge. I would reccommend the exhaust temp. gauge over the a/f ratio meter. You might then need to monitor your fuel pressures etc. etc.

Sure you can buy an aftermarket ECU, which should up the boost and deal with the fueling issues, but I personally would still want to monitor these things. You buy a black box and put it in and the car is faster, but what is actually doing? You won't know if you can't monitor the engine. Plus a lot of us like to tune it ourselves rather than buy the black box.

Now I'm not saying that you should now go out and buy every gauge and gadget that you see, but if you want to tinker yourself, you have to think about what you want to achieve and what you will need to do and know in order to reach there safely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info.

I will probably buy the gauges, BOV, exhaust and Apex AFC to start. I was told that my car came with a MINES ECU and suspension, but I couldn't tell the difference and still cannot locate the ECU box yet.

I am having some front brake disc noise, can anyone tell me why and how to solve it? Just bough the car one week ago 5000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.