Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly what brand of 18 magnesium wheels are used on the evo 6 zero fighter and extreme? are they Ralliart items? if not, what's the name of the company and the name of the wheels used as i am interested in getting a set. also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of fitting 18 wheels as oppose to 17 wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you fit 18 rims you will have slightly more grip and better look,and you could fit bigger brakes.
If you go for lighter wheels as magnesium or forged aluminium like the oz superleggera,you will also have a good improvement on non suspended mass.
But probably the zero fighter rims are not really light as they look more like tuning rims than rally rims!

You will also make your final gear ration a little longer with bigger wheels!

My opinion is to fit 18 inches with 225/40 18 tyres as light as possible as competition speedlines or superleggera.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels are made by a company called Meinster. Ralliart sell them for £550 a piece, but I would stay well clear of them. They do not come with a warranty so when all the nice chrome goes rusty your f#cked.

As Maxi has said the OZ Superleggera are the dogs danglies, lightweight and a lot cheaper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd suggest giving they guys at Ralliart UK a ring, they are a great bunch of guys and very helpful, they've also got an extreme in the showroom right now that they built themselves, check out there web site http://www.ralliartuk.com for contact details and a lovely picture of the extreme.

Def

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you guys think of the Compomotive MO's in 18 - 6 spoke? Seriously thinking of these or the OZ Super Leggera.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels on the Zero Fighter are from a company called Miester and are from Japan. It is possible to get these wheels from another source and a lot cheaper than from Ralliart.
I have a set of 8x18 3 piece Z1 Technospeeds from Blitz which were a one off special order, Blizt silver, polished rims with black bolts instead of gold, they look awesome and I am selling them and getting some more in 19 . I have just fitted a set of 18 OZ Superlegerra's - good quality and very light but not in the same league as the Z1's. Best tyre size 225-40-18 closest to rolling dia of standard set up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the six spoke comp 18 inch i love them they really have the rally looks i have fitted the pirelli 235/40/18 but on the nurnburgring they rubb the arches so a 225/40 is better i already have a set of so 3 225/40/18 in my garage

does someone know something about a new michelin slick tire wich can be used on the road too
the name is something like michelin sport cup

oz superleggera are great too

i hope you can make up youre mind jerry

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've checked out all the suggestions and i have to admit the OZ Superleggera look great. the Z1 Technospeeds that CliveW suggested would have are also great, but i'm leaning toward the OZ's. could not find any further information on Meinster wheels; does anyone know of a website? also, are magnesium wheels more susceptible to corrosion as oppose to aluminum alloy wheels? did any suspension upgrades have to be done in order to fit 18's? thanks for all the info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi!

I went to the tyres shop I know in Italy,and there was a 15 oz superleggera next to others 15 wheels.

The weight difference is really big.Even between the superleggera and a tecnomagnesio,that is supposed to be a rally rim,the difference is amazing.
Now they were 15 ,not 18 ,but if the materials are the same there should be the same difference.

I will fore sure go for 18 superleggera for my evo when I change the wheels.
Does anyone know where to buy them at a good price in UK?
Any website?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does anyone have an email address for a salesperson at Ralliart UK? they don't seem to reply to the addresses listed on their website. thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Phoned Ralliart yesterday, unfortunately there is no warranty with these wheels so any sniff of salt will corrode them. Therefore these wheels can only be used in the summer. They are one hell of a wheel though, if you can be bothered with the hassel of taking them off then I would go for them. At £300 a piece, you can't beat that as they were £540 before. They also said they would do a deal on tyres as well, £120 for Dunlops which were over £200 originally. At just under £1700 that is only £200 more than 18 Supperlegerra. I am tempted to go for a set myself at this price but with winter only a couple of months away plus the fact that I am away nearly the whole of next month on business I can't justify the money. Oh well I guess it will have to wait till next summer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts