Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scania R series washer jets on Evo 6

Was looking at the washer jets on my 6 this morning and decided they were **** poor, wifes leon has the fan jet ones but they wont fit. So i fitted these

all you need is a few black cable ties and about 20 spare minutes,

The water really soaks the screen enough to remove most annoying dirt.

Please excuse the leon in the photo i know its not :mitsi:

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
should have done a search mate - Volve S50 mist jets are a direct replacement and two can be yours for 11 quid from volvo part online

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
I like the washer mod a lot :)

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
Was this a kit or a DIY solution??? Interested in doing this myself... it's a really good idea. (My dad's peugot 405 company car had something like this many years ago!)

Cheerz

Mark H

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
search ebay for volvo washer jets. you want the ones for the s40.

They are all the same parts numbers for pre 2001 models, 2002 onwards and 2004 onwards.

Checked it out tonight on a volvo online parts and the 3 different age cars listed same part numbers.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I fitted the Volvo V50 jets to my 6 (good tight fit) and it has improved the coverage a lot and is a mist.

However, I also have V50 (second car) and the washers on that are much better - think it's because the washer motor for the Evo is in the boot so there is a lot of frictional loss in the system whereas the Volvo bottle and motor is under the bonnet.

Am thinking of installing a new motor under the bonnet of the Evo so end up with a two pump system.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
044 Terry ?:lol:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they dont work with the wiper blades, i still have the clips and will try on my next wiper set

1 - 17 of 17 Posts