Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desperately want an EVO 6 RSX - preferrably silver but happy to discuss/view other options. First I need to sell my Saab. If you're in the market for the following then please let me know, but whether you are or not PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE AN EVO6 RSX FOR SALE.

Saab 9-3 Aero Cabriolet
Y registration (March 2001)
2.0i 16Valve HOT (High output turbo) engine
5 speed manual with ABS and switchable traction control
6,000 miles with full Saab service history and remainder of factory warranty
Brilliant Silver with Black hood,
New Double 3 spoke aero 17 alloys
2001 Aero styling i.e, Viggen-style deep chin bumpers, rear spoiler,etc.,
Headlamp wash/wipe
Electric roof with glass, heated rear screen
Electric windows
Electric and heated door mirrors
Full black leather interior with charcoal grey inserts and Aero seats
Electric Memory Seats
Heated Seats
Automatic climate control
6 speaker stereo RDS EON radio with CD player
Cruise control
Trip computer
Remote tailgate release, Headlamp wash, folding rear seats
Factory fit thatcham category 1 deadlocking alarm and immobiliser

This car is always garaged and is in immaculate condition (as it should be, it's only 8 months old) with all manuals, toolkit, all unused. It is a Saab UK car i.e, NOT an import. This is a unique opportunity to buy what is effectively a just run-in UK car for nearly 10,0000 under the list new price of the car (£31995 with spec above) Genuine reason for sale, 6,000 mile service completed 2 weeks ago. Please call on 07976 278588 or email on [email protected] for more details. £22795 for quick sale.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dubbs,
Ralliart have a RSX for sale on their website here. Look in the used car section for an X-reg RSX with 20,000 miles for £21k. Seems a bit steep but there aren't many RSX's around. According to Cars and amp; Car Conversions mag this month, only 30 of them were ever produced and I'm lucky enough to have one of them.

Hope this helps and good hunting

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Saw a Silver RSX for sale on a dealer's forecourt for 17995 on a V reg and really wanted to get it. Couldn't though because of needing to sell the Saab first. Damn annoying, really want a silver one too! White looks ok but only seen it in pictures so don't know whether it looks good in the flesh or not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dubbs,

IMO white looks better than Silver! Especially on the Ltd editions (Mak, RSX, Monte Carlo)

Silver is OK (mine's Silver), but they are ALL Silver! White takes some keeping clean, but with red mudflaps looks the dogs...!

2p worth

Andy H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This silver RSX was 17995 on a V with 10500 miles. Kinda makes me think a 20,000miler is overpriced at 21k. Does anyone know if Ralliart are good negotiators? I'd have it for their asking price if they can get rid of the Saab for me.

Andy, what colour is your RSX ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dubbs,
Mines white with red mudflaps and it is a bugger to keep clean but its worth it in the end....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ralliart wouldn't move on the tme i bought from them (25k 8 months old, 3500 miles).

why are you flogging the saab? and why do you want an RSX - been put off the stories of AYC by Claudius?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, putting the life story in a nutshell - I have had quick cars/bikes for years including a couple of cerberas and an esprit sport 350. Decided to do the sensible thing as the relationship with the girlfriend became serious and we're doing the marriage thing (we're head over heels, not heeldragging :) ). Thing is, I can't do the sensible thing, petrol is still running through these veins so the Saab has to go - I miss the thrill and my trackdays too much. My girlfriend's supportive and even said she appreciates the fact I've tried and as long as we can still have something reasonably practical she's happy as long as I am. So... started looking - Supras looked fun but not practical at all and I just had a funny feeling I wopuld get the kind of track car I wanted out of them. The EVO RSX doesn't have AYC which is great because I don't want a 4WD car that will grip like hell but then just go into understeer as I understand AYCs will do on the limit. I want a car I can slide around and have fun. To give you some idea of the fun I mean - I used to get a set of brake pads killed off every track day, tyres would be seriously marbled and I broke 2 driveshafts on the Lotus, 1 doing figure of eight donuts at Le Mans and the other getting it sideways on landing at the mountain at Cadwell. Don't ya just loooooove it!!! :D

So. That's why I want an RSX.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good response, given the above you'd be better off with no AYC. i dunno about the terminal understeer at the limit but it does make the handling a bit perculier as you never really know when it'll come in.

If you have trouble getting hold of an RSX get a GSR or pref TME (quick rack and tit turbo) and replace AYC with a cusco LSD.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't that be a very expensive way of getting one? I'm presumiung swapping the AYC out would cost a couple of grand? Also, is there any electronic wizardry connected up to the AYC or is it just a lump of mechanics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts