Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the specials (such as the extreme) loose ABS and other nice things.

Before I buy the wrong thing, are there any things like ABS, AYC, etc. that are in the Evo 6 GSR, but not in the Makkinen special?

Thanks, Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Although new to Evo's I have done a lot of looking recently.

The Makinen has everything that a standard GSR 6 has (AYC,ABS) plus, slightly lower suspension, white enkei wheels (same size), a steel strut brace, titanium turbo internals, different front bumper with no spots just extra cooling ducts, different tailpipe, red design to the seats and dials. Available in blue, black, silver and red.
In addition the red ones get a white top wing on the rear spoiler, additional rear lights on the boot and amber front indicators.

Ralliart uk have 50 of each in the 4 colours.

hope this helps

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it does!

Ralliart UK having them in stock is nice, but I think I'll join the waiting list for a cheap one here in Tokyo!

Cheers, Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure you should buy the T.M.E version.
If you do a lot of country road crazy driving, the T. M. E gives you better torque characteristic than the standard VI, as well as quicker steering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few quid spent on a GSR and you have got those qualities anyway, so it really must be personal preference I guess.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to say in hind sight would have bought a grey GSR and modded without the fear of losing my Ralliart warranty.

After all the Ralliart warranty does not appear to cover brakes, clutches etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin,

Have you had quicker steering rack fitted on your GSR? If there's one thing I feel that could be improved in terms of the Evo driving experience, its probably steering feel (having been used to unassisted to date).

Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts