Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, im new to this group. I have had my 6 for several months now. I am am thinking about tunig my car. I am wondering what mods i should have done. I was looking to have the std air filter changed for a performance item - is the airbox from power engineering worth it or should i just get the battery relocation kit and mount the filter in the new position? and the exhaust and ecu. DO you have any recommendations as to the exhaust systems and the ecu, i was looking at the ecu from power engineering, i sit any good? Also with the exhaust can i have the whole system changed for a performance one and still keep the cat, i do not need the hassle of being pulled over by cops and checking my car through, i have been pulled up too many times already. Oh, does anyone have any idea how much the three guage setup cost like the ones in the extreme.

Any help or ideas will be appreciated

Prit

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Opinions on exhausts abound among E6 owners. Blitz, Mongoose and HKS all do popular items, many people choosing to decat (unless the copper is 3 feet tall he'll never see far enough under the car to notice) and retain the OEM cat for MOT usage (10 minute job to swap over when car is on a ramp). HKS Super Drager or Blitz NUR Spec are most popular choices. Decatting will give you around 20bhp more and decat pipes are only about 50 quid; fitting performance downpipe would also give you a lttle more power (around 140 quid). Power Eng exhaust is pricey and noisy. Only 1 person I know has had the remap (it's not a replacement ECU but a piggyback board and remapping on the OEM ECU); I've driven an E6 with it on and didn't really notice any improvement against my decatted car. Why not join the evo owners' online forum at http://[email protected] for 'live' info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts