Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you lot think that £14850 is a good price for a Immaculate V reg import with 30k on the clock in white with 1 years warrenty. Ive looked about and the prices for these cars are allover the place.. Hope someone can help.. ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Big Elliott said:
Do you lot think that £14850 is a good price for a Immaculate V reg import with 30k on the clock in white with 1 years warrenty. Ive looked about and the prices for these cars are allover the place.. Hope someone can help.. ;)
I'd only pay £10k for that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leonard said:
:crackup: No that sounds pretty good m8 if it truely is immaculate :)
:D Its one Miguel at Newera has found for me so it should be well decent, i thought it was an ok price and Newera warrentys are ment to be spot on.

Im a bit put off that by the time it gets here the summer may be just about over ,so i dont know what to do.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
seems a bit pricey for an V reg import - however mileage is reasonable.

like any commidity a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. if it looks good to you then do it - the price is not out of the way.

having said that its a good time to buy at the moment - so maybe hang around.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know what to do, just want the best car i can for my money, It really is a task and a half getting that perfect one.
I keep seeing the odd import company with some deals what look to good to miss , you give them a ring and its some shadey character who knows didly squat about cars.

Ive seen a company called TM imports and they are talking £16500 for a evo 8 mr ,, gave them a ring and the bloke didnt seem to give a monkeys, i was finishing sentences for him,he semt really unclear about anything to do with the car, but very clear about how you go about making payments. :confused:
If anyone cares to look on their website the prices seem really really cheap but if u can trust them is another matter.

Anyone know of this TM imports, are they reputable beacause the cars are dirt cheap.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
While I don't know the car I can vouch for Miguel of Newera. He imported mine for me although i did not use his company for SVA etc and did that myself.

If you are letting him do everything for you then bear in mind you are paying dealer prices for dealer services. The car will be immaculate and you will have a warranty.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
good price

thats a good price - 33,000 miles sounds good to me - normally i'd say that would be up for re-sale for £18,000 with that low milage.

What i would say is get a Bimta check done on the milage before you get it. Beleive me it does sometimes change...At least this way you get a recorded milage if its been sold through an auction.

I am sure Newa would do this for you anyways...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one everybody for the advice ;)

Still dont know what to do though :p

I really am trying my hardest to get that right car, there is some real beautys out there, but i just cant make my mind up.

Can anyone tell me what they think would be the best way for me to import a car my self , i am sick of talking to dealers/importers who are thick as fu*k and are clearly gonna make a good earner of my back.
What could i do to cut everybody out and do the lot my self (Buy at auction,import,paperwork,sva etc etc .
I want this so called top quality , low millege, cheap Jap import what to be honest i am yet to find.

Newera imports quality for Big Elliott imports prices thats my Moto. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thats very cheap IMHO despite what everyone says. You usually need to spend around 16k at least for a good TME in the condition you say.

If it really is immaculate and its the model your after I'd snatch his hand off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Surley one of you lot has imported a car start to finish your selves..

My mate has done it a few times but there is always some sort of middle man adding there bit on..and he has never laid more than 2k out at a time on a import so i dont trust him with my money :eek:

Would a trip to Japan be worth while ?

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Big Elliott said:
Surley one of you lot has imported a car start to finish your selves..
I have, but since then all the SVA loopholes have been closed and the ESVA is a lot more involved.

Big Elliott said:
Would a trip to Japan be worth while ?
No.

To be honest, with all the extra hoops you need to jump through these days, unless you know an importer who can put it through with his and he knows what he is doing, it will be cheaper to get one already in the country, and you will also be able to see what you were buying.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts