Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pls tell me if I will have problem fitting a Magnex front pipe and de-cat pipe to my Tommi Mak EVO6 standard exhaust?

I have not ordered it yet since I need some feedback and comments from you experts out there!

What gains should I expect?

Thanks in adavance!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
slightly different but:

i replaced the back section first (so fitting to the standard cat and front pipe)
then replaced the cat with a decat pipe from ralliart
then replaced the front pipe with a magnex

so to be honest, i think all the bits must be interchangeable, so should be fine the other way round

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitting front pipe and cat pipe is simple. The only difficult bit is the two bolts onto the turbo elbo. You'll need a long thin walled socket for them. Also you need to remove the lower brace (3 bolts) and bend it slightly, to clear the larger pipe dia. When bent, elongate the 2 end holes, so it locates back in the correct place. All in all should take about 1 hour to fit, less if you've got use of a ramp. The change to the car is very noticeable. Suggest a new back box as well. Magnex are good, but I went for the Blitz, sound is tremendous. You'll be shocked how restrictive (small and twisty) the standard system is.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bending the lower brace defeats the object of having it fitted as a strut or tie will only work efficiently if straight. The same goes for strut braces, a bent strut brace loses the majority of it's strength and is pretty pointless. It would be better to place a thick washer under each mounting point and so keeping the brace straight while moving it away from the exhaust. Elongating the mounting holes will allow movment around these points.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clive,

agreed. Only thing is that the brace bent very easily (by hand), replacing with a Cusco one, and using the washers/longer bolts might be a better solution.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was a problem when fitting my PE front pipe , however , I turned up some spacers and used longer bolts 2 lower the brace 2 clear the pipe.

If any1 needs a set , I'll have some made in our workshop at a none scary price , email me 4 details.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brace bent easily because it is a tie rod and will be in tension, that is why it should be straight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts