Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Similar in concept, different in execution.
No, it won't fit, and even if it did the springing and damping rates would be wrong as the E1-2-3 is about 150kg lighter.

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw your other thread about fitting Evo 6 hubs, etc... so you may be able to get away with fitting Evo 6 dampers/springs BUT you need to mount the damper onto the Evo 1 top mount as the E1-2-3 has a two bolt mount to the body and the 4-5-6 a 3 bolt.
The Wishbones, etc are no use as the 6 has a much wider track than the 1.

And the damping/spring rate swoudl still be out :D
In fact, I wouldn't bother.. you may as well get the suspension on yours working as well as it can.

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, no. Thats my problem to. I'm buggered if I can find anything except hugely expensive, super stiff Japanese stuff.
Id get some new springs made up if I new the damn rates for them.
I'm going to speak to a place that rallies Evo 3's and find out what they run their cars at on rough tarmac stages.

If the car used 2 1/4 springs at least I could get them made up quite easily and cheaply and try a few out :( its a bugger to convert though.
Dampers are even worse to source.

maybe we should pool resources :D The first thing you want is adjustable top mounts and dial in some negative camber at the front. (i've cusco - very good and pillow ball mounts),.
Beyond that I'm still working on it - I just don't have enough time at the moment. Next year I'm blitzing it to use for some track days.
Evo 3 front and rear amrs are a good bet as they increase the track, the anti-roll bar on the 1 is alos a lot thicker than 2/3 (23mm vs 16mm) they must have reduced it for a reason - too stiff would create understeer....

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DONE IT!!!!!! suspension for the evo 1,2|PLS|3!!!!!

Right ready!!??!!

You buy PI srings for a 1.8 gti lancer :(
You buy the top mounts from mitsubishi to match . ie 1.8 gti
You then phone peterlloyd rallying in wales for some shocks £350!

and then you drive as fast as you can to the above places and put them on!!!! did it this afternoon all bar the shocks, which will be 4 weeks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am interested in how your suspension setup turns out. I have a Evo 3 (Well actually its a proton base converted to full Evo 3 specs), but have had problems lately looking for suitable 'street shocks and spring', since everything out there now is evo 4-7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.