Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just wondering if any of you people done much stereo work to the Evo. My previous cars being a V8 Soarer and a Supercharged corolla i am somewhat used to having good sound.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on positioning. Modifications to doors. Positioning of tweeters and perhaps a solution to a very high pitched humming/beeping noise i have on idle in the stereo.

So any help much appreciated. Along the lines on your installation or ideas.

And....
A solution to this hum. It happens in sequence with the indicators too.

Anyone encountered this before? It is linefilter related or just the way the wires have been run in the car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I found sticking the tweeters on the little plastic triangle that covers the wiring to the wing mirrors is a good place.
The Evo's really do rattle though, so a few hours sorting them would be a good start too.
The interference you are getting could well be your fuel pump. suggest you do a search on here for that as there is a fix.

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
I am about to install a system in my one. I am planning an alpine ipod ready head unit, and already have 2 x 2 channel amps, a 10" JL dual voice coil sub, and a set of components. In my experience fitting the tweeters in the footwells pointing up toward the rear view mirror gives nice vocal projection. That said I have the tweeters fitted on the mirror trim panels at the moment and they sound fine. Instead of fitting a sub or subs in a box you could fit a couple of 8" free air subs under the rear deck. Food for thought anyway.

I would try fitting a suppressor, to see if that gets rid of the unwanted hum.

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
Thought this might help others who plan to do a similar thing. :)

Install so far:

Used 4 guage cable, from battery to boot (fused 6" away from the battery).

Then made a hole in the big gromet where all other wiring passes through, and passed the power cable through.

Once that was done the rest of the job was quite simple. I just removed the centre console and run all the wires up there, power on one side, speakers and rca cables on the other. Hid the cables under the carpet on the rear of the transmission tunnel, straight up under the rear seat (removed seat for this), then into the boot area.
Still more work to do, but thats the hard part over.

Will keep you posted on progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts