Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I may sound mad, but as I was giving the car a once over with the sponge I spent a good 15 mins just concentrating on the rear spoiler.
How great the designers were.
Just look at the lines, curves, angles, width, depth.
Pure love, observe the object you see, the projected spolier blade, adjusted to aid downforce when cutting those corners:wallbang:..I've gone mad:lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I spent 2 hours on the spoiler when i bought my car, the spoiler had moss growing from the cracks/joins:goingmad::wallbang::lol:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great I am not alone then...lol:smthumbup:lol:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
seems it. I spend about 10 minutes cleaning the spoiler when i do a valet on my car and it ends up looking like new. The moss can easily be removed with some bleach on a cotton bud :)

I noticed you've got it on "i'm a fanny" angle, get it tilted right down ;) block that rear view mirror

·
acting daft since 1969
19,607 Posts
Will the 6's spoiler fit onto a 4? will i need to to do any mods to get it on?
I think you need the boot lid but not 100% sure ,TBH ,the 6 one looks ODD ,its a bit big ,a 5 ones much neater

i was surprised how dirty my spoiler was when i bought my car it was green underneath and took ages to get it clean

but as for a cotton bud N bleach:shake: sorry ,WIRE BRUSH N DETTOL

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did prefer the 5 spoiler before, but I think the 6 is growing on me more now.
Isn't the blade position better in the flat position like as I have it?

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,840 Posts
I did prefer the 5 spoiler before, but I think the 6 is growing on me more now.
Isn't the blade position better in the flat position like as I have it?
Ive always wondered what the spoiler postion should be/best postion for it?

:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad your sold on the 6 spoiler:smthumbup

I think it would be easier just to get the 6 boot spoiler with boot and get the outer 6 rear lights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if your going to buy an evo get at least a five, just lean on the other half and think positive thoughts, lol...

better engine, better turbo and they look better, that will be 2 beers u owe me :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
8,870 Posts
There's a silver Scooby round my way with an Evo 6 spoiler fittted to it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No cleaning obsession here as mines is an 8 :lol:

One thing that annoys me about my spoiler tho is you cant see who's behind you as its right in the eye line :handsup:

A few times i've had mates come up behind me and flash lights etc and I can never see who it is :lol::lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any thoughts on wether it's best to have the spoiler blade flat, or tilted:shrug:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Any thoughts on wether it's best to have the spoiler blade flat, or tilted:shrug:
i'm sure its best flat for high speed runs and tilted for the twistes.

I had my tilted for the 30-130 day, wish i had a allen key to see if having it flat would of improved the times.:wallbang:

·
Registered
552 Posts
In aerodynamics, the angle a wing is at to the airflow is referred to as the "angle of attack". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_attack

The best angle to set the wing at for maximum downforce is about 12-15 degrees, which on a VI is pretty much the steepest slope you can get.

The difference in grip at the rear is noticable on 60+ mph corners with the rear end feeling more planted, and ultimate cornering speeds 2-3mph higher.

Unfortunately, more down force also means more drag and the drag coefficient of a VI goes up from 0.36 (wing flat) to 0.39 (wing at max angle of attack) which costs somewhere around 5% in additional fuel consumption, and you can see next to nothing out of the rear view mirror.

Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts