Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this a few months back after seeing it on here. The last owner put a thread up about wanting to sell the car but went the wrong way about it and got flamed.:shake:

So as it was a few miles down the road I went to see it. Not the best car I have seen to be honest, having been welded due to rust, needing a repaint or near enough and the interior not much better either, at this point I'm ready to walk away, but instead I focus on the positive like, it's a rare car, mechanics are spot on, new tyres, new brakes inc big brake kit up front, suspension and components all clean, ralliart bush kit and many other new bits, ok it may never be a show winner but it will be a great car that one can actually use and enjoy all year around without having to worry about it getting wet or dirty lol.

In the next few weeks I will be making it presentable without spending silly time and money, paint a few panels on it and enjoy it until spring then maybe sell on..

Some pictures when I got it,

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got rid of the later model seats and fitted RS rear bench and a nice pair of Extreme Recaro SR. huge difference, not only looks but also seating position having a lowered seat rail.:thumbup:

[/URL][/IMG]

RS rear bench and door cards will be trimmed to match with OE Recaro fabric and whilst shopping a new bolster as the drivers has collapsed.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Zero Fighter
12,906 Posts
I'm glad youve managed to find those seats, I bet they're more comfy than previous ones

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad youve managed to find those seats, I bet they're more comfy than previous ones
Very lucky, completely changed the driving position, sooo much better! For us tall people, later model seats on early cars are not good at all lol, my head was nearly touching the roof!

·
Zero Fighter
12,906 Posts
Very lucky, completely changed the driving position, sooo much better! For us tall people, later model seats on early cars are not good at all lol, my head was nearly touching the roof!
One of first mods I did on my old 9 is had seats lowered with those brackets I got from states. As you've said, they're not that comfy

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
You doing the door cards yourself? Material has come away on mine do i'm just using a £20 flocking kit off ebay and it works a treat.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You doing the door cards yourself? Material has come away on mine do i'm just using a £20 flocking kit off ebay and it works a treat.
Yes I am, looks easy enough. I will use the old fabric as a template and glue from my local trimmer.

I would recommend doing the flocking professionally, having had a go myself with a diy kit, the quality and finish just isn't the same.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fitted an almost new set of Cusco coilovers, sits way better now. Stoptech kit is the nuts, not sure what pads they use, don't have the bite that I'm used to with the other pads, they are new so maybe in need a good thrashing!:mhihi:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is pro flocking pretty hard wearing?
If done properly yes. It does scratch, so you have to be careful when fitting etc. With mine, although done by a pro I found lifting on some corners so I wasn't happy and got rid of the lot. Also, it's not reversible, meaning you will have to buy new parts if you change your mind, I got lucky and found a mint RS dash and the centre console with no armrest.. expensive mistake in my case.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Got rid of the later model seats and fitted RS rear bench and a nice pair of Extreme Recaro SR. huge difference, not only looks but also seating position having a lowered seat rail.:thumbup:

[/URL][/IMG]

RS rear bench and door cards will be trimmed to match with OE Recaro fabric and whilst shopping a new bolster as the drivers has collapsed.

[/URL][/IMG]
Love these recaros, where did u get them from if u mind me asking?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Me too! I bought them from Gaz at CPP. You can get them easy enough on eBay in different fabric, the hardest to find is the correct rails.
These look like my old seats that i did a deal with for some Recaro SPG's
The best OEM Evo seats in my opinion :smthumbup:mitsi:

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These look like my old seats that i did a deal with for some Recaro SPG's
The best OEM Evo seats in my opinion :smthumbup:mitsi:
Did a deal with Gaz? Agree, best seats for a road car. I was tempted to sell my Pole Positions and use these but I love them too lol.

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had the car washed today, looks much better :thumbup:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Door cards and rear bench removed so I can give to the trimmers. Trying to salvage the fabric off the rear bench and use it on the door cards as they are impossible to find in this trim.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The other problem I need to resolve is the missing original clocks, again impossible to find. I managed to source LHD TME clocks that have both mph and KMH, I spoke to Lockwood and they can make me a black set with white lettering and delete the mph so I should end up with an exact replica of the original dials, not cheap but has to be done.

Picture of the LHD TME clocks,

[/URL][/IMG]

That's it for now.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts