Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
1.how do you switch on the heated mirrors, (front or back heated screen switch?) 2. is the front screen heated, if not what does the button do?, 3. why does the petrol light not lamp test when you turn the ignition on? 4. what does ECO mean when you have pressed the * button on the air con panel? 5. why do the front fogs, not go off with the main lights, you have to switch them off aswell..?

any info appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Short and sweet:
1) The heated rear screen switch turns on the heated mirrors if you have them (thats the square shaped screen button on the Climate Control).
2) The front screen is not heated, the button is the front screen demister setting for the Climate Control and directs hot air to the windscreen.
3) Don't no, I have never had any car that has done that before anyway.
4) ECO means 'Economy' mode for the Climate Control.
5) Its the way its wired in.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
HH6,thanks I also had the same questions except question (3) I just never bothered to post them.By the way what is the function of the economy mode does it mean that it puts less load on the engine therefore you use less fuel?
Kind Regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Yep , thats it :)

Foglight switch arrangement,

The front fogs only need 2 b used in thick fog ,ie visibilty down 2 10-20 mtrs , in this situation headlights wud b a liability , so u can turn them off leaving the fogs 2 do the job they were designed 4 , not as some people think , that is they r 4 the benefit of others or 2 make their car look impressive !

Same applies 2 the rear fog.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Fogs
I use these when I am belting it so no **** can or will try to pull out on me .It despite those that don't like it acts as a safe gaurd when travelling at lightspeed for me .how many blind pentioners are out there .
plus its added menace when hurtling up behind and breaking on others bumpers :D
OH and I use them in the fog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts