Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi mate, I have a set of one piece headlight for a 6. I also have the Rays alloys you commentee on, could do you a deal for both?

Reactions: mary-jane08

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mate, Defo interested in the headlights, wheels I have just sourced a set. Cheers tho!:smthumbup

Want to pm me a price and a couple of pics?

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
personally I love the look of mine on my TME but its not all plain sailing, the bodywork under the bonnet has to be altered, those don't have side lights so something has to be done with the wiring, and I have changed bulbs and still cant get a decent one to give me good night time driving. just my fivepenneth,

heres a picture of mine fitted

Attachments

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a sweet looking motor you have there mate. My neighbour is a very good auto electrician so wiring them up should be ok. In what way did you have to trim bodywork under the bonnet? :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
That's a sweet looking motor you have there mate. My neighbour is a very good auto electrician so wiring them up should be ok. In what way did you have to trim bodywork under the bonnet? :smthumbup
there is a small support bracket rivetted between the wing and the inner leg, that needs triming or removing to give clearance for the 1 piece, the standard lights split either side of this

Wiring is simple, you are just splitting the existing wiring from 1 plug, 3 wires, to 2 lights, 1 wire is direct to each bulb, the other is shared between the 2

I drilled mine to fit sidelights, was pretty simple, but keep a vacuum nozzle against the drill to stop swarf entering the light

Stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts