Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my stalk (rh side that does the headlights indicators etc) started smoking today and got very hot. The headlights were on and I thinknit popped a fuse in the engine bay :S
It has happened before but swapped it out and was ok.

Is this something common? And is it easier to try and fix or just replace the unit again?

Thanks in advance
Rich

·
acting daft since 1969
19,585 Posts
electrics dont fry themselfs like that ,have you bigger bulbs or HIDs in the head light as this DEFO ISNT comman

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no HID or anything like that as far as I knew they were standard. :S the wiring does t look standard in them thou so I'll have to check this maybe grab some new lights or bulbs and swap them out.

Thanks for the help :) ill update if I can find the cause. The new stalk did seem to last well over a year though if that makes any difference

·
acting daft since 1969
19,585 Posts
im no electrics guru but frying switches usually means dead relays or something ,but it need cheaking out properly modern cars don't burn stuff out unless somethings wrong

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No im more ofay with micro electronics there must be something drawing too much current off in the circuit somewhere ..... I'll try the simple options first bulbs etc. Then have to get the multimeter out .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts