Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something a bit annoying with my Evo 6 (TME). The bite point is set very early. When pressing the pedal, it nearly immediately release the clutch, and as my current car has a bite point quite further down, I always end up holding the throttle a bit long than needed during gear change, resulting in the engine rpm going a bit up. Very annoying.

I don't know if that is because the clutch might be at the end of its life (never had an Evo 6 before), or if there is something I can do to move the bite point.

Cheers!

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Sounds pretty 'normal' my clutch and flywheel are pretty much brand new and the bite point has been set pretty high (although I always fully depress the pedal). You can adjust the pedal travel any way. Just look in the manuals. :handsup:

Premium Member
Sounds pretty 'normal' my clutch and flywheel are pretty much brand new and the bite point has been set pretty high (although I always fully depress the pedal). You can adjust the pedal travel any way. Just look in the manuals. :handsup:
Same here just fitted new clutch and bite point is quite high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
My biting point is high too, thought the clutch was coming to the end of its life.

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
If you want to check if your clutch is on its way out its a pretty easy test to be honest. Try and pull away in a high gear like 4th or 5th if it doesnt stall...:handsup:

Premium Member
My dad said try second gear with the handbrake on. I'll have a go in the spring when it comes back out :lol:

Premium Member
Try adjusting pedal height to suit your own comfort /style ....tis easy enough to do , if its a new clutch its oft adjusted to suit ....and pedal bite point may get lower after bit of " ware" anyway ......the higher bite point can be in place to help avoid "issues" ;)

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
My dad said try second gear with the handbrake on. I'll have a go in the spring when it comes back out :lol:
Evo will pull away in 2nd anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts