Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all,

i have a 99 evo 6 gsr,that i seem to be having a coolant problem with,just wondering if anyone else has any of the same hassle.

the car "seems" to be fine to me when driving and stopped for short periods temp gauge is half way but if i left it ticking over for maybe 10 mins in the one spot the gauge will go up near the top,i put a fair bit of coolant in today as it was low.i had previously put coolant in about a month and half ago too,is this normal......but how often in general are you guys topping the coolant up.
i done a brief few checks to see
-checked the oil to see if sludgy
-water from exhaust
all seemed perfectly normal

okay guys you guess it im not a mechanic.!!
...any help appreciated

dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check if the cooling fan comes on when left idling if it doesnt temp will go right up & all that'll probably be is a thermostat or switch thats knackered

I have to top my water up regularly

:smthumbup

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry mate think you'll need to get it checked at the garage could still be the thermo or could even be the water pump not pumping the water round

Sorry mate no other ideas :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
You should not need to top up your coolant from service to service. My level has not moved at all.
I believe some VI's do push a bit out the header tank, (a known problem), but not enough to need topping up regularly.

Sorry don't know your solution - maybe contact one of the respected tuners who know their stuff.
Hope it's not serious - good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.