Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wallbang:
Hi all, i was out driving last night and all was fine until i stopped for 10 mins turned everything off and locked the car up. When going back out i started the car & put the lights on to find only my sidelights were lit up, so i switched lights back off for a few seconds before switching back on to find my sidelights came back on and only the drivers side headlight but after a few seconds it went off again and now i just have no headlights at all!!
Does anybody know of this being a common problem or anything? Im new to the Evo scene, i only purchased mine 2 weeks ago.

All help greatly appreciated
Thanks Rob

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything is standard on the car, im just hoping its the fuse, although i find it strange how they didnt come on then only drivers came on then nothing at all. I would of thought if it was a fuse then it would just blow & there be nothing instead of intermittent. (cant keep driving around with the sidelights only lol)

· Registered
98 Posts
I would also check the wiring on the back of the headlights,
The heat in the engine bay can slowly melt the plastic around the wires leaving bare wires to corrode

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for your replies but i found the problem, the connector to the bulb on the drivers side had melted and fused/welded itself together, had great difficulty getting the bulb out!! Any ideas what can cause this? Iv put new bulbs in and butchered the connector so i have lights until the new connectors turn up.

· Premium Member
22,125 Posts
Thanks all for your replies but i found the problem, the connector to the bulb on the drivers side had melted and fused/welded itself together, had great difficulty getting the bulb out!! Any ideas what can cause this? Iv put new bulbs in and butchered the connector so i have lights until the new connectors turn up.
seen it a few times on here over the years, when I converted mine to HID, the multiplugs on mine looked like they werent going to last much longer

Stu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.