Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my tank out tonight - was a pain in the ass had to drop the rear diff 20mm to get the tank out; it’s a RS diff so maybe different to the AYC you can apparently get out past the diff?

Anyway the fuel feed out was seized to the plastic clip and was very corroded and in fact started to weep fuel when disturbed so I need a new plastic pipe union and steel pipe that sits on top of the tank?

So do Mitsy sell the pipe in sections or just complete? A CAPS picture would be great!!

Cheers

Cliff

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes alltho my fuel pump is at the other side so there is a joint in the pipes from the pump unit on top of the tank ?? WTF

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The circled pipes are fooked as well as the attaching plastic union pipe (not pictured)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops maybe i pulled up the wrong pic, pm me your chassis number i will check
Ok update: Been to Browns this morning and apparently that's a evo 5 tank and the pipes I am needing are only available with a new tank at around £800 so I'm on the lookout for a second hand evo 6 tank!!

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hear is the correct tank CAPS picture; as you can see the pipes I need are bolted to the tank (indicated in red), I also require Part No: 05412 (indicated in orange)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
the pipes you have circled are eventually connected to the tank by hoses.cut back the pipes and install 6mm fuel hose.make sure to use good quality hose clips on the connections.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I had the same thing same pipes were rusted through mitsi wanted £800 + for a whole tank the pipe bracket was only bolted on i got some 2 nd hand pipes off a breaker on e-bay for £20 delivered..

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
only last week i've had a similar prob with my tank, pipes were ok but tank corroded,i searched high&low for a replacment tank (my evo's also a 6rs2) i eventually managed to get one from sknevolution for £80 trl fitted it for me friday, scott didn't have to drop the rs diff to remove the tank..maybe that's because he had better access with the use of a ramp.. good luck with yours m8.. optimax is dear enough without it leaking onto the floor..;)

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My tank is also corroded but its only surface rust, have cleaned it up with a wire brush, painted and undersealed over the top looks much better now.

Have some pipes arriving tomorrow. :smthumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts