Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed their fuel filter? [ the one next to the boost solenoid valve on the nsf wing ] On quick inspection this looks fiddly to change from either the top or bottom. Any advice or ideas?. IS there any other fuel filters along the line under the car maybe?. Regards SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not changed it but just wondering why you want to, do you think there is something wrong with it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan.
I`m not going to change the fuel filter just yet but was wondering for future reference as i just don`t trust the dealers at all. I know it should`nt be this way but unfortunatley it is, so, i will change the filter myself when the time comes. I`ve just changed my own gearbox as the dealer did`nt have any oil in stock, it had been booked in 3 weeks previous which proves my point about dealer service. Regards SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes , it's a fiddly little chap , can't give u any tips even after having done about 10 of 'em , except have plenty of plasters handy 4 yr skinned knuckles :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking from the earlier EVO's, it's much easier if you use a pipe spanner/crows foot for the fitting that goes onto the bottom of the filter. Also check the threads on the bottom of the filter too - the first one I got from Mitsi didn't have properly formed threads and the fuel pee'd out as the fitting tightened on the threads rather than bottoming out on the sealing face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't be any harder than my MR2's fuel filter that was a lie across the boot legs in the air job to do the top and then having to get underneath and do the bottom!
Good job you only have to do 'em every 45,000 miles on the Evo (I would do it earlier if you let your tank run low too often).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts